PDA

View Full Version : What's the BEST DAY to go to the Melb WWW?

echnidna
6th October 2004, 07:28 PM
What is the best day to go to the WWW and why.

Grunt
6th October 2004, 07:35 PM
I'm going on Friday because a lot of people can't get the day off and it gives me an opportunity to gloat.

ozwinner
6th October 2004, 08:08 PM
Any day that ends in "Y"

Al

Christopha
6th October 2004, 08:23 PM
I'm going Thursday.
Anyone wanting sucky service from the wonderful, polite, knowledgable and incredibly good looking Christopha on the UBeaut stand should bring Muffins..... and preferably chocolate!
Anyone wanting an insult.... just open yer flamin' trap without yer offering of Muffins! I dare ya!
Bah! Humbug! I'm off to have another Port, sod off the lot a ya! :p

Wood Borer
6th October 2004, 08:34 PM
I will try to get there on Friday and Saturday. Hopefully I will catch up with some of you.

Will you be wearing your foil hat Al? :D

Sturdee
6th October 2004, 08:45 PM
I am going on Friday, it is more convenient for me, and hopefully a smaller crowd. :D

Peter.

bitingmidge
6th October 2004, 08:54 PM
Yesterday.

Doesn't matter where I go, it was always better YESTERDAY!!

Maaaatttte if only you were here then!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

echnidna
6th October 2004, 08:56 PM
"Yesterday.
Doesn't matter where I go, it was always better YESTERDAY!!
Maaaatttte if only you were here then!"

That sounds like my fishing trips

ozwinner
6th October 2004, 09:08 PM
I will try to get there on Friday and Saturday. Hopefully I will catch up with some of you.

Will you be wearing your foil hat Al? :D
You bet!!

Al :o

Ben from Vic.
6th October 2004, 09:26 PM
I was thinking of Friday myself.

But then what if all the retired old farts ( :D ) think the same thing and Friday ends up being busier than Saturday?????? :confused:

Might end up like pension day at the super market, a sea of slow moving, cheek pinching grey hair.

Oh, the pain. ;)

Do any of the stall holders know which is the quieter day......Neil, , anyone?

Ben.

ozwinner
6th October 2004, 09:32 PM
Do any of the stall holders know which is the quiter day......Neil, , anyone?

Ben.
No good asking them, they rig the polls, so Im sure they will rig the best day too. :D

Al :(

Dylan SJ
6th October 2004, 10:04 PM
I am another who will be going Friday. It sounds like a busy day.

For those with an inner geek, the Intelligent Home Show (http://www.ihshow.com.au/) is also on that weekend.

echnidna
6th October 2004, 10:24 PM
"For those with an inner geek, the Intelligent Home Show is also on that weekend."

Now wouldn't that rot yer boots.
Here am I trying to find out the quitest day to go
And sumthin else is on at the same time in the same place.
Think I'll have to make a foil cap!!

Sir Stinkalot
6th October 2004, 10:57 PM
The best day ..... anyday.

I went on the Friday last year .... this year I will go on Saturday as the Makita girl wasn't there on a Friday :) Last year I took the afternoon off work but I found that it did attract the grey rinse crowd .... I think most of the members of my woodworking group are going on Friday to help enforse the stereotype.

I should be going to the home showie thinginy for work but I will blow it off for the woodshow :)

echnidna
6th October 2004, 11:04 PM
.. so what's this about the Makita girl , Sir Stinky

Sir Stinkalot
6th October 2004, 11:41 PM
All I know is go on Friday and see a cardboard cutout .... go on Saturday or Sunday ..... see the real deal .... :p

Grunt
7th October 2004, 10:22 AM
For those that missed the bearded lady post,

Ok dudes, how about we meet up at the cafe inside at the back of Jeffs shed, Ill be there at 9.00, so if we say between 10.00 and 10.30 friday mooaning.

You must all wear your foil hats so we can reconize each other, oh and it will make getting a table to ourselves easier too. ( Im only kidding about the foil hat. )

Al

jackiew
7th October 2004, 10:26 AM
and for those of us who work? do we have a meeting time and place too for Saturday?

Wood Borer
7th October 2004, 10:41 AM
I'll try to make the meeting on the Friday morning but I should be there all day Friday and Saturday so I'll catch up with some of you anyway.

Iain
7th October 2004, 05:14 PM
Probably Saturday for a couple of hours, can't afford any more.
Don't forget Timber Cons dutch auction Sunday, if it's on again.

Termite
7th October 2004, 05:47 PM
The best day? The one when you've got a pocketfull of money! :D

himzol
12th October 2004, 10:19 PM
OK folks,

I have been watching this post with baited breath, nobody as yet has come up with a time(s) or place(s0 to meet on Saturday. I will be coming from interstate and would like to catch up and put faces to names and as you people have more of an idea of the layout of Jeff's shed I leave it up to you to organise a meeting place and time.

BTW as a sign of recognition I refuse to wear any form of floral decoration.

Himzo.

Grunt
12th October 2004, 10:31 PM
Ozwinner, being our leader, just picked a time and place on Friday for us to meet. Being sheep we just agreed. We're all wearing foil hats. Like you we wouldn't be caught dead with a flower on the lapel.

Himzo, I suggest you do the same.

echnidna
12th October 2004, 10:42 PM
Ozwinner said
"Ok dudes, how about we meet up at the cafe inside at the back of Jeffs shed, Ill be there at 9.00, so if we say between 10.00 and 10.30 friday mooaning."

What's say we follow Ozwinners Friday lead
and meet up at the cafe inside at the back of Jeffs shed,
say between 10.00 and 10.30 Saturday morning.

Hopefully I can escape early enough to get there on time

ozwinner
12th October 2004, 10:45 PM
All I know is go on Friday and see a cardboard cutout .... go on Saturday or Sunday ..... see the real deal .... :p
As Sir Stink said, come Friday and see the real deal, or go Saturday, Sunday and see the cardboard cut out.

Al :p

himzol
12th October 2004, 10:47 PM
We're all wearing foil hats. Like you we wouldn't be caught dead with a flower on the lapel.

The light bounces of my head better than a mirror ball without an AL-foil hat,
Echidna I like the idea lets work on that,

Himzo.

RETIRED
12th October 2004, 11:40 PM
Don't forget to check out Doorstop, Pauline and Neil at Ubeaut.

I will be at the Jim Carrolls stand with Jim amd the "Blonde".

Hope to meet a few of you. Then you can abuse me face to face:D

DanP
13th October 2004, 12:09 AM
You can even swear and he can't **** you! :)

Ben from Vic.
13th October 2004, 12:42 AM
I'll bring the phone books and bat. ;)

Iain
13th October 2004, 08:09 AM
Where is this cafe?, never seen it before. I take it it's near the Polly Woodside correct?

ozwinner
13th October 2004, 08:13 AM
The cafe is inside Jeffs shed, at the rear after youve payed to go in.

Al :)

RETIRED
13th October 2004, 08:19 AM
I just dial 1234 so I don't need a phone book. I gave up playing ball a long time ago so a bat isn't much use either. :D

Wood Borer
13th October 2004, 09:23 AM
Iain,

It's normally at the back of the exhibition. There are normally tables there for the patrons to use.

jackiew
13th October 2004, 10:20 AM
so how ARE we going to recognise each other ... I of course will be the stunning blonde clutching the suitcase trolley, tarp and elastic straps (...sounds like I'm heading for the sexpo doesn't it ).

craigb
13th October 2004, 10:32 AM
What I want to know is who's going to be the designated photographer so that we non Mexicans can get a good laugh too. :D

Wood Borer
13th October 2004, 11:43 AM
I am the tall thin fellow with the wonderful head of hair!!! ;)

Try the opposite, it is always good to dream.

On Saturday I will be around the Club stands but I will be looking out for people in foil hats.

Ben from Vic.
13th October 2004, 11:57 AM
Righto, sounds like it will be easy to spot each other...... we all look like Fabio.

KevM
13th October 2004, 12:55 PM
Oz,
Catch up with you on Friday, don't think the airlines excess baggage charges makes it feasible to bring any timber over.

regards

Kev M

DanP
13th October 2004, 06:48 PM

Dunno what you're talking 'bout. :p

Dan

ozwinner
13th October 2004, 07:02 PM
Oz,
Catch up with you on Friday, don't think the airlines excess baggage charges makes it feasible to bring any timber over.

regards

Kev M
Cool Kev!!:D

Make sure you wear the foily so we can reconize each other.

Al

Wood Borer
13th October 2004, 07:08 PM
Al,

I think we all owe you a big thankyou for providing us with the solution to the problem of recognising other BB'ers - the foil hat.

echnidna
13th October 2004, 07:12 PM
So if we all wear foil hats will Kev think we are all Ozwinner?

KevM
13th October 2004, 07:57 PM
:rolleyes: I'll be the one laughing at those in their foilies. Don't think I'll get mine through airport security.

See ya all Friday.

Kev M

ozwinner
13th October 2004, 08:13 PM
Ill make you one Kev. :)

Do you want me to pick you up from Tulla?

Al :)

Sir Stinkalot
17th October 2004, 06:16 PM
.. so what's this about the Makita girl , Sir Stinky

After seeing the Makita girl today I really think she should cover up ..... high heals, jeans and a tight top that didn't cover her middrift really didn't send out much of a message for female woodworkers .... it really was fairly sad.

ozwinner
17th October 2004, 07:53 PM
She was there on Friday too Stinky.........hahaha.

Shocking dress sense, poor girl, Im suprised she didnt catch a chill.

Al http://www.computerpannen.com/cwm/contrib/sarge/Blurp_anim.gifhttp://www.computerpannen.com/cwm/contrib/sarge/Blurp_anim.gif

DaveInOz
18th October 2004, 01:03 PM
No chance of her catching a cold friday, when i left her she was knee deep in warm drool :o

KevM
18th October 2004, 09:56 PM
Al,
Thanks for the offer of a lift from Tulla, but I had logged out by the time you posted and arrived in Melbourne at 7:10 am on Thursday morning.

Didn't find you at the cafe on Friday morning but did run into Scoota, Neil, and Doorstop.

Roll on the Tasmanian WWW, I'm cashed up and waiting for the end of show bargains that you missed out on.

regards

Kev M

ozwinner
19th October 2004, 08:29 AM
Al,
Thanks for the offer of a lift from Tulla, but I had logged out by the time you posted and arrived in Melbourne at 7:10 am on Thursday morning.

Kev M
No probs Kev, sorry I missed you at the show.
Its hard trying to find people at the show, even after you have arranged to meet in a certain spot.

Ill have to come up with something more outrageous for next year to make it easier to find people.
Maybe a placard or something??
Al

TassieKiwi
19th October 2004, 08:47 AM
What if Ubueat did up some baseball caps, with the yellow/black dovetail thingy on the front. I'm sure there'd be a few buyers, and what's more you could line them with foil!:D

Grunt
19th October 2004, 10:47 AM
We could always stand outside the u-beaut stand looking stupid just like the people on the inside of the stand.

Grunt -
Waiting to be smote by God.

Iain
19th October 2004, 07:47 PM
8 hours and no response, suspect Christopha is on his treddly on his way to Grunts place :eek: :rolleyes: :confused: