PDA

View Full Version : First Year Anniversary

barrysumpter
21st April 2000, 09:48 PM
I first picked up a hammer and handsaw on easter day 1999. I built (by hand) a step and ramp for the back door. So we wouldn't have to step over the threshhold and down. And so we could load the groceries up in the wheelborrow and use the ramp to wheel 'em in. Although its worse for wear its still there. Lots of research and projects in the last 12 months. I'll have to post pics of my projects soon. I haven't picked up a hammer since. Nor used a nail. (screws and glues only). I've spent lots of money on Triton equipment that I'm happy with at the moment. Lots of projects and wood that I haven't even started on yet. Turned my garage into a work shed/privacy retreat. Meet lots of nice people. And look forward to next years anniversary.

Thanks for the bulletin board, the help on my lutyens garden bench top rail, and all the wood.

baz

brettdel
21st April 2000, 10:11 PM
barry
just read your post and it got me thinking - wonder if nails are a thing of the past? I guess like everthing else they will be replaced by something.

my wife and i just finished building our own house and there's not one nail in it.

have to agree about the BB its a great wealth of information.

brett

knuckles
22nd April 2000, 09:49 AM
Hey Barry

Thank for the help on your lutyens garden bench top rail, and all the wood. But thank Neil for the Bulletin Board.

is just a helper. A very good helper at that, but a helper none the less.

Knuckles

barrysumpter
22nd April 2000, 03:31 PM
Correction Acknowledged!
Thanks Neil. Heaps.

baz

ubeaut
22nd April 2000, 05:53 PM
Onya Bazza.

Neil

PenRex
25th April 2000, 03:22 PM
What's all this chatter about screws nails, hammers and nail guns ??

I use liquid nails.

------------------
Dear Lord,
May my Woodworking someday aspire
to be as good as my Darts,
and vice-versa. . . .

Rex

Great Poo Bear
25th April 2000, 06:10 PM
I fink valcrow is a very good stuf for us bears to uze cos it stix on good and if u wanto poot fings on ut stix good to them i lost a eye and got a new won poot on wif valcrow an it is stil there sept if the donk kiks me in th fase and it fallsoff and then i kan jest poot ut bak on cos its got valcrow on it

If i tri t poot a eye on wif a nail ut herts lotz an so doze skrews an th liqid nales is orful cos ut stix t yor fer an stuff like fhat so i fink valcrow is reele good.

ALL PEEPLES SHOOD UZE VALCROW

Loves an big bear huggles to all from th 5 aker wood.

Poo

JackoH
26th April 2000, 05:28 PM
Is Pooh Bear and The Grand Pooh Bah one and the same I wonder?

RETIRED
29th April 2000, 08:18 PM
Gooday.

I have been away for 3 weeks. (Travelogue later).

Thanks Knuckles for pointing out that it is Neils board. Thank you also for the nice things you said about me.

------------------
Ian () Robertson
"We do good turns every day"

ubeaut
30th April 2000, 02:21 AM
Onya

Welcome back. Knuckles is right. You may just be a helper but you are a bloody beauty mate, and greatly appreciated.

"U"

RETIRED
30th April 2000, 07:09 PM
Well nearly right except I AIN'T GETTING NO PENSION. Wish I was http://ubb.ubeaut.com.au/ubb/frown.gif

------------------
Ian () Robertson
"We do good turns every day"