PDA

View Full Version : Back on Air

Mrs Woodpecker
1st August 2010, 04:40 PM
Hi All,
Have not been around for a bit, but with good reason. I had 4 mini strokes in 24 hours between 12th and 13th July.
Tests showed 90 to 98% blockage in the right carotid artery and 50 to 80% in the left. I spent 3 days in Buderim Private on a heparin drip, and came home and had to give myself an injection every day to thin the blood so I culd have surgery. Last Monday, I had the op in the Nambour Private to clear the right artery, and was clearly told that I may not survive. Obviously I was not wanted up top or down below, as I am now home. I have to go quietly for a while, have to undergo more tests, and a close eye will be kept on the left artery. There is every chance I will have to have that one done in time. It has all been very scary. but am looking forward to getting back into my shed ASAP.
Cheers,
Shirley

artme
1st August 2010, 04:53 PM
Good grief Shirley!! Glad to see you are still looking at the right side of the grass.

Not a pleasant experience but you sound as though there is some sawdust sniffing left in you yet.:D:D

Keep us posted and all the best!!:2tsup::2tsup:

hughie
1st August 2010, 04:53 PM
Well the up side is the left one is done and it was causing the dramas and the right one carried it. So your 50% there. :2tsup: Not only, but still with us, yay!

Once they are both cleared on you go, go Shirley. :U

Allan at Wallan
1st August 2010, 07:19 PM
Take it easy Shirley ... glad to see you survived to
tell the tale.:2tsup:

Allan

dai sensei
1st August 2010, 08:29 PM
Holy crap :oo: Glad to hear you are still with us.

Hope your recovery goes well and there are no long term affects from the stroke :)

TTIT
1st August 2010, 10:45 PM
:o That's what happens when you move to those unhealthy southern climes :;. Look after yourself so you can get back in that shed before the rust attacks the yellow beast. Hope your recovery is an easy one.

orificiam
1st August 2010, 10:46 PM
Glad all went well and you're back home:2tsup:
Cheers Tony.:)

Allen Neighbors
2nd August 2010, 12:58 AM
Hi All,
Have not been around for a bit, but with good reason. I had 4 mini strokes in 24 hours between 12th and 13th July.
Tests showed 90 to 98% blockage in the right carotid artery and 50 to 80% in the left. I spent 3 days in Buderim Private on a heparin drip, and came home and had to give myself an injection every day to thin the blood so I culd have surgery. Last Monday, I had the op in the Nambour Private to clear the right artery, and was clearly told that I may not survive. Obviously I was not wanted up top or down below, as I am now home. I have to go quietly for a while, have to undergo more tests, and a close eye will be kept on the left artery. There is every chance I will have to have that one done in time. It has all been very scary. but am looking forward to getting back into my shed ASAP.
Cheers,
Shirley
Glad to see you're still around the shed, Shirley!! You keep doing the things the Doc told you, and you'll be able to keep spinnin'.
Blessings on ya!

tea lady
2nd August 2010, 01:16 AM
Hi All,

Shirley:oo: Pretty good excuse I guess. Glad you are still with us. :C Do what the doc says and take it easy. :)

Gil Jones
2nd August 2010, 04:24 AM
Hi Shirley,
Glad to hear that you were not summoned Hi or Low!!
Hope your recovery goes well, and you are able to get some shed time soon.
We gotta be careful these days as we just don't know if there are any lathes in either place, or if we are allowed to bring our own along:;
Just had both of my LT and RT carotid arteries checked, and all is well there for now.
Cheers,
Gil

wheelinround
2nd August 2010, 11:42 AM
:o wow Shirley amazing tale .......glad its you telling it and are here to do so.:U:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

BobR
2nd August 2010, 01:02 PM
You just get well Shirley and stay in touch. Speedy recovery.

Sawdust Maker
2nd August 2010, 05:13 PM
Oohh

that was close
glad to hear things are looking up
makes one think about one's grip on the planet

take it easy, do whatever the doc says to do and start planning the shed time

Mrs Woodpecker
3rd August 2010, 10:40 AM
Many thanks to you all. It has been a big wake-up call. Take care all of you.
Shirley

Ed Reiss
3rd August 2010, 11:36 AM
Ann and I will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Doc0055
3rd August 2010, 05:45 PM
Glad to here your on the mend.

Cheers Scott

PS, if you need some more wood there is still heaps there.

powderpost
3rd August 2010, 09:25 PM
Very nice to hear you are on the mend.
Jim

robyn2839
5th August 2010, 08:40 AM
good to hear you back on deck shirley,take care...bob