PDA

View Full Version : The Karcher 310.

issatree
10th August 2010, 06:44 PM
Hi to all you Knowledgeable People,
We have very Dirty Green / Yellow Slippery Cement.
Question ; I have a Karcher 310 High Pressure Washer. We also have a 1000L Garden Tank.
Can I Suck the water from that Tank through the Karcher without Destroying it.
I am aware that water res. are still in place, & this is why I ask the Question.
Regards,
issatree.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

RETIRED
10th August 2010, 06:57 PM
I don't think the Karcher is a suction pump and I doubt that the Karcher will "suck" or draw, it relies on pressure to feed the pump.

If the water flows via gravity from the tank you should be right though.

NCArcher
10th August 2010, 07:10 PM
Or buy and connect a small pressure pump. You can use it to water the garden or flush the toilet as well.

Chesand
10th August 2010, 07:14 PM
It might pay to check the restrictions as I have a feeling that there might be an exemption for safety reasons.

mkypenturner
10th August 2010, 07:33 PM
hey issatree
there is another way around it
its called "WET'N FORGET " its mixed with water and sprayed onto the cement using a garden sprayer saoking the cement its not a quick fix like gerning it BUT it does take about 4-6 weeks to start working and will stay mould free for in excess of 12 mths i work at a mitre 10 in mackay nth qld and the rep that supplies that lives in cairns and he has custumers living in tully ( wetest part of aust ) they are getting 2YEARS between spraying :oo::2tsup: ok its not cheap but think about the water saving and not having to do it again for bloody ages my local council is currently trailing it

dai sensei
10th August 2010, 07:45 PM
I have a Karcher, not sure what model, but it is oneof the bigger ones and it works a treat. It does work off water tank head only, but some models don't. I tend to spray with pool clorine first, from a 20ltr container that I have for the pool anyway, which certainly helps. Just ensure no run-off goes to your flower beds :-.