PDA

View Full Version : SATURN report???

jefferson
16th August 2010, 12:31 PM
So where is the report from South Oz??? Any incidents / accidents? :D:D:D

Solutions Aust
16th August 2010, 02:30 PM
Hi Both Steve and Myself (Graham) the woodfast boys had the pleasure of attending the SATurn weekend.
We did not stay over night but were there on the Saturday & the Sundy and had a great time got to meet up with a lot of people we Know and several we met for the first time and got lots of good feed back.:2tsup:
The weekend was a credit to the way it was organised everything run very smoothly.
we are defenitely looking forward to the next one.
regards
Graham & Steve :):)
Woodfast Machinery Co

tea lady
16th August 2010, 04:15 PM
Much fun and wood chips made.:cool: I made Robby the Robot for the Challenge! Will post a pic later. Off to pick Small boy up from school now.:cool:

tea lady
16th August 2010, 08:57 PM
The challenge this year was to make a carecter from a television program or movie. I made Robby the Robot. Since he was made of wood, I dubbed him Wobby the Wobot, from Forbiden Pwanet. You should all be extremely impressed with my multi centre turned legs. They bend slightly in the middle, so they don't just stick out straight, and he can stand up.:cool: I lucked the first prototype an was wondering what all the fuss was about, then couldn't repeat the trick.Took another 6 legs to work out what was actually happening before doing these ones. I'm not sure what the wood is. :hmm: Perhaps Bull oak. The arms are attached with elastic so they can be moved around.

The weird and wonderful one made Marvin the Martian. It was quite amazing seeing him appear bit by bit over the weekend, Seeing first hand Ken's working methods and thought processors. I haven't got a pic though. I didn't take the camera. Hopefully someone from SA can post them. Otherwise we might have to put pressure on Ken himself to take us a snap. :D

Other characters included ET from Brendon Stemp. (But it was disqualified cos it was over the height limit of 150mm. :doh: ) (How about a pic Brendon? :) ) A rather amazing Magic Pudding with hinged articulated legs. :think: A really fun Noddy with different woods for all his parts. (He won he overall prize, cos Ken really doesn't need another first prize on his trophy shelf.:rolleyes: ) And lots of others. I wish I did take my camera now.:C

Oh! And I won equal second prize in th timber ID quiz.:cool: And the bloke who won first prize only did well cos I told him numder 2 was Black Locust (or Robinia pseudocasurina which we turned at Jefferson's Turn-on last xmas. ) ( :C OK! I wouldn't have got the apricot one. :rolleyes: )

A great weekend. I don't think I've ever had so much continuous turning time, without having to go and cook dinner and stuff like that. Was the first one I have been to. And definitely won't be the last.:cool:

Tim the Timber Turner
16th August 2010, 09:11 PM
was there with a couple of good looking chicks :2tsup:in tow.

Greedy bugger.:~

RETIRED
16th August 2010, 10:17 PM
Oh well Tim, some of us have got it I spose.:D I wish.

Durdge39
16th August 2010, 10:28 PM
More pictures, I say!

Love the robot TL :D

Tim the Timber Turner
17th August 2010, 12:41 AM
More pictures, I say!

:D

What! More pictures of .:C

tea lady
17th August 2010, 09:20 AM
What! More pictures of .:C
Speaking of , What happened to his Humpty Dumpty? :hmm: Didn't see it go in the truck. I hope someone is keeping it for posterity.:D

Will post a bit of a timber glote later too. :cool::D (So Tim, what do I do with my Weeping Myall log now? :C :D)

And someone.... strong arm Ken for some pics of Marvin. :ninja:

Grumpy John
17th August 2010, 09:26 AM

I don't think I've ever had so much continuous turning time, without having to go and cook dinner and stuff like that.

Did you have to make the bearded one any cups of tea :rolleyes:.

NCArcher
17th August 2010, 09:43 AM
Sounds like everyone had a lot of fun.
TL, Wobby is weely terwific. :U

rsser
17th August 2010, 01:46 PM
Very nice work TL.

Sounds like it was a good event.

tea lady
17th August 2010, 05:30 PM
Did you have to make the bearded one any cups of tea :rolleyes:.I made one or two, just for old timer sake, and cos I am an extremely nice person.:cool:

So where is Ken's Marven? :pi: I'm gonna have to go over there aren't I? :rolleyes:http://cdn.woodworkforums.com/images/smilies/standard/biggrin.gif

KenW
17th August 2010, 05:40 PM
So where is Ken's Marven? :pi: I'm gonna have to go over there aren't I? :rolleyes:http://cdn.woodworkforums.com/http://cdn.woodworkforums.com/http://cdn.woodworkforums.com/images/smilies/standard/biggrin.gif
Here are a few pictures of Marvin, just to stop Tea Lady twisting my arm.

Mulgabill
17th August 2010, 05:49 PM
Hey Ken, I like Marvin alot :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

tea lady
17th August 2010, 05:51 PM
:wave: Thanks Ken! I looooooooooooooove Marven! :wub:

Grumpy John
17th August 2010, 07:03 PM
He's even included the illudium Q-36 explosive space modulator :D.

I hope you've acknowledged copywright Ken or else:

tea lady
17th August 2010, 08:01 PM
(Cue funny voice) "There's s'pose to be a big karboom! ":C

:D

brendan stemp
17th August 2010, 08:19 PM
OK... now for ET

Mulgabill
17th August 2010, 09:02 PM
Good stuff guys (& gals):U

Ed Reiss
18th August 2010, 12:16 PM
Anne - Maria, Ken, and Brendon...the stuff you guys came up with is tops, whimsical and put a smile on my face:D nicely done:2tsup:

tea lady
18th August 2010, 05:40 PM
OK... now for ET:2tsup::cool: