PDA

View Full Version : OT practice

wheelinround
19th August 2010, 06:09 PM
3 days at Trend I got to play with another members machine while he was on the Gold Coast.

I didn't turn the platers 210mm both had flaws in them, but I had fun doing the pattern inspired me to hurry and finish my Rose Engine and devices for doing the cuts.

Both are Rosewood from Mal at Boutique Timbers The Huon to I had to turn out the work done as it was uneven the original can be seen in The Trendy Day thread.

I_wanna_Shed
19th August 2010, 10:29 PM
Fantastic work Ray. Really love the one on the right :2tsup:

Nathan.

Old-Biker-UK
20th August 2010, 07:09 AM
Nice Ray - come on, get that RE done.
Mark

Edwards
20th August 2010, 02:29 PM
3 days at Trend I got to play with another members machine while he was on the Gold Coast.

I didn't turn the platers 210mm both had flaws in them, but I had fun doing the pattern inspired me to hurry and finish my Rose Engine and devices for doing the cuts.

Both are Rosewood from Mal at Boutique Timbers The Huon to I had to turn out the work done as it was uneven the original can be seen in The Trendy Day thread.

Good work Ray. It will definately make you move faster on your own machine.
My thoughts only. Pattern work inside a platter or bowl quickly become dust and food traps and hard to clean. Outer flanges and rims are less a problem and still look attractive.
Keep it all going. Thats what we need.
Cheers
Edwards

Manuka Jock
20th August 2010, 03:13 PM

Great wall plaques Wheelin' :2tsup:
The one on the left looks like it would serve as a great engineering award trophy .
and it's mate for the pie makers guild :)

wheelinround
20th August 2010, 08:21 PM
Thanks Nathan :2tsup:

As soon as I can Mark or even a Universal Cutting frame will get me going have some parts for that already also half way with the RE :roll:

Bronte thanks Yes platers to be used for food etc agree these were really just demo pieces but discussions on filling the voids with epoxy turning that off to highlight the rays or in the Inca one a Gold outer and Blue inner.

MJock I had the same vision for the left one (Inca or gears style) never saw the Pie :U you must be hungry :p

Manuka Jock
20th August 2010, 08:27 PM
Thanks Nathan :2tsup:

As soon as I can Mark or even a Universal Cutting frame will get me going have some parts for that already also half way with the RE :roll:

Bronte thanks Yes platers to be used for food etc agree these were really just demo pieces but discussions on filling the voids with epoxy turning that off to highlight the rays or in the Inca one a Gold outer and Blue inner.

MJock I had the same vision for the left one (Inca or gears style) never saw the Pie :U you must be hungry :p

I am .
Steak , mushroom and onion , and an apricot with cream topping for me thanks :D

wheelinround
20th August 2010, 08:29 PM
I am .
Steak , mushroom and onion , and an apricot with cream topping for me thanks :D

Well I'll whip it up and stick on the next boat :;

Manuka Jock
20th August 2010, 08:30 PM
Well I'll whip it up and stick on the next boat :;
:2tsup: cheers

Alessandro Erpi
10th November 2010, 07:16 AM
Well,
what a wonderfull work!!!
I like the right ones,too!!!
Simply beautifull!!

wheelinround
10th November 2010, 07:37 AM
Thank you Alessandro oh and welcome to the forum nice to see some one from Italy on our forum. :2tsup:

Alessandro Erpi
10th November 2010, 08:33 AM
Thank you Alessandro oh and welcome to the forum nice to see some one from Italy on our forum. :2tsup:

Thanks a lot for your welcome!!!
..and thanks you to show us that incredible pieces!!!:):):)