PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to DUTA.

issatree
31st August 2010, 11:42 AM
Hi to All Woodturners,
Well it is that time of the Year again, for " Down Under Turn Around ".
So,who of all you Woodturners are going. I can think of 6 on these Forums at this time. Most likely a few more.
It is held at the Christian Youth Camp, Cowes, Vic. with approx. 130 People & 70+ Lathes.
It takes place on Fri.10th. - Sat.11th. - Sun.12th. Sept. 2010.
There might be a cancellation, if someone was really wanting to go.
You would have to Ph. Caroline Talbot, 0359 567300.
This is the place where you really learn about Turning, with 70 Teachers there.
The Cost is, I think $140 ea. w/- ; 2 Sleeps, 6 Meals, Morning & Arvo Tea/ Coffee Breaks, Wood to buy, Jim & Irene of CWS. The Moderators, Neil & Pauline, & the list goes on.
Hope to see some New Faces this Year, & of course The Ladies are always Very Welcome.
Regards,
issatree.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

brendan stemp
31st August 2010, 02:55 PM
Unfortunately my attendance is dependant on the football team I coach winning their game this Sat. If they do they go straight into the Grand Final; if they don't they have to play the Preliminary Final on Sat 11th Sept. As a Richmond supporter you might understand why I put so much importance on the U/14 Laharum footy team. My son play s in the team as well. He's back from a broken arm.

Mulgabill
31st August 2010, 05:49 PM
This mulga dude will be there! :yippy:
Looking forward to seeing the usual suspects, and that includes you issatree.
I hope you can make it Brendan! as it will mean your sons' team will be in the GF. Good luck anyway:2tsup:

AUSSIE
31st August 2010, 08:19 PM
Issatree Do you realise the V8 Supercars are on at Philip Island at the same time ,with 10s of thousands of cars and people fighting for the same bridge,food and oxygen,plus somewhere to sleep
Has the turnfest been on the same weekend as V8SC before?
Home (http://phillipisland.v8supercars.com.au/home/tabid/591/default.aspx)

Jim Carroll
31st August 2010, 08:50 PM
Yes it conflicts with the V8 which in one way is a nuisance as I am not able to watch the race.

We leave before the race finishes so no worries about getting caught up in the post race debarcle.

govarney
6th September 2010, 10:47 PM
I'll be there too.

First time !!!

Looking forward to it

Skew ChiDAMN!!
6th September 2010, 11:00 PM
*grumble, murmle, rhubarb*

Not me, dammit. :bigcry:

jefferson
7th September 2010, 10:56 AM
I count off-hand maybe 8, so I think we have a quorum. :rolleyes:

Opening odds on actually doing some turning is down to $1.05. :D

Mulgabill
7th September 2010, 08:36 PM
......Opening odds on actually doing some turning is down to $1.05. :D
:oo::oo::2tsup:

RETIRED
7th September 2010, 10:06 PM
Long odds I reckon.:D

RETIRED
12th September 2010, 07:19 PM
Well another one over.

64 Lathes and 115 turners of all sexes, sizes and shapes.

Great way to spend a weekend.

Mulgabill
12th September 2010, 07:35 PM
Yes ! Another great DUTA. It was good to catch-up with old friends and make new ones.
One lasting impression of this years event was the way that the very experienced turners, Guilio Marcolongo, Ken Wraight and your good-self , roamed the hall and freely gave advice and tips on technique and design and anything else (sometimes of topic). It was a credit to them as was the organisation by the DUTA and CYC teams.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

This is a highly recommended weekend and we now eagerly await next years.:brava: