PDA

View Full Version : Two wall lamps

Ad de Crom
1st September 2010, 09:11 PM
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>These two wall lamps are for the renovated house of my daughter Karin.
She lives together with her boyfriend in an old small farmhouse with a thatched roof in the Betuwe (the fruit area of Holland)
This thatched roof was in a very bad condition, and we pulled down the thatched roof last may of this year.
But now they have a brandnew thatched roof, with on each side of the roof three roof windows. Was there already a couple of times to do some carpentry work upstaires, and has more work with designing (and maybe to built) a new staircase. Anyway the sleeping room is finished now, and the two wall lamps gets a nice place at the wall of the sleeping room.
Yeah daddy had and has to take care for these two turtle doves.
They marry next year...))), more work for me in the near future.
The two wall lamps are made out of yellow pine, the lamp shades are segmented and with a thin wall (3mm) and are translucent.
Here some pictures ( provisional hanged on the cabinet in my own room)
Cheers, Ad (comments are always welcome)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

wheelinround
1st September 2010, 09:16 PM
Ad you have been a busy man they look great :2tsup::2tsup: thats taking segmentation to a new level.
Although I am not sure about the red glow. Your daughter could get a name for herself.:B

Rookie
1st September 2010, 09:17 PM
Ad, your imagination never ceases to surprise me. Very well thought out and "turned out" beautifully.

mkypenturner
1st September 2010, 10:43 PM
stunning work ad:2tsup::2tsup: and saving power with the energy saving bulbs :2tsup::2tsup:

powderpost
1st September 2010, 10:59 PM
Very clever Ad and very well done. They look nice. :2tsup::2tsup:
Jim

Woodwould
2nd September 2010, 12:08 AM
Very clever!

Skew ChiDAMN!!
2nd September 2010, 12:54 AM
:whs:

And way cool, too! :)

artme
2nd September 2010, 08:42 AM
Very clever and imaginative Ad!!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Do we get to see one made from Ader?:rolleyes:

brendan stemp
2nd September 2010, 09:27 AM
Great project, great job done. Looking very good. Lucky turtle doves.

Ed Reiss
2nd September 2010, 12:14 PM
Nice utility items, Ad :2tsup:
are the cfl bulbs mandated in the Netherlands now?

Ad de Crom
2nd September 2010, 06:31 PM
Do we get to see one made from Ader?:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
Guess not Artur, Alder is not the suitable wood for thin walled lamp shades :no:
Thanks mate.
Ad

Ad de Crom
2nd September 2010, 06:33 PM
Thank you all for the comments, much appreciated :2tsup:
Ad