PDA

View Full Version : A weekend of turning bogged before it started.

govarney
9th September 2010, 09:53 PM
I am attending the Down Under Turn Around on Phillip Island this weekend. I have spent today preparing. Getting timber ready, packing the gear making sure I had everything I needed.

However, if you haven't heard. Its been a bit wet in Ballarat lately, very wet, and unfortunately I have dirt/clay/mud between the front yard and my shed.

While reversing the car back to hitch the trailer and Stubby to the car I got bogged. :bigcry:

The car is out now, but that has put a big stop to a weekend of turning. :upset:

So now for plan B. I take a few half finished pieces and carve some feet. Plus I'll get to talk to more people and ask lots of questions.

If you hear of someone being kicked out because they ask to many questions, that will be me. :B:

RETIRED
9th September 2010, 10:09 PM
I am sure there will be lathe you can use. Generally is.

You calling in for a cuppa on the way there.

Jim Carroll
9th September 2010, 10:39 PM
Bugga

munruben
9th September 2010, 10:44 PM
Could be worse mate, you could still be bogged:)

minus459
9th September 2010, 11:27 PM
could be worse..........you could be staying in Ballarat for the weekend..............:)

cheers from geelong
undies

artme
10th September 2010, 08:07 AM
I'll bet you said "Oh dear!":D:D:p

brendan stemp
10th September 2010, 09:01 AM
you could've used the stubby as an anchor point to winch the car out!!!

tea lady
10th September 2010, 10:59 AM
you could've used the stubby as an anchor point to winch the car out!!!:D ......... Ah! Finally a good use for them. ...... :whistling: .......... :chase:

:fish:

Ed Reiss
10th September 2010, 11:55 AM
TL and Brendan...shhhhhhhh, David might be listening :;

tea lady
10th September 2010, 01:55 PM
tl and brendan...shhhhhhhh, david might be listening :;:d

Jim Carroll
12th September 2010, 08:07 PM
Well the big fella was not totally dissapointed he did play on a stubbie and a Vicmarc.

Both Midi lathes but he did have fun.

KenW
14th September 2010, 09:20 PM
Well the big fella was not totally dissapointed he did play on a stubbie and a Vicmarc.

Both Midi lathes but he did have fun.
He even made a nice looking box. Who said he could only turn bowls.