PDA

View Full Version : My Inside outside turning

Nai84
11th September 2010, 12:42 AM
Hi Guys

I have tried some inside outside turning :wink: this is my first peice, It is made out of pine as i am practicing so if i stuff it up it wont cost me an arm an a leg. :2tsup:

I also got some more blanks today want to turn them into is the question:?
1 peice of figured blackwood 4" x 3.5" x3"
1 peice of Tasmanian musky myrtle 7.5" x 7.5" x 2"
1 peice of huon pine 4" x 4" x 2"

I also picked this stuff up from work does any one know what it is :?

( pics are in order with post)

Cheers Nai84:2tsup::2tsup:

HazzaB
11th September 2010, 12:51 AM
Hey Nai,

Inside Out Turning ?? Already:oo:, come on Man, you'll be over here teaching me soon.:)

The timber that you got from work looks like pine, the stamp looks like a pine suppliers stamp, What size is it ?? wide and thick?

HazzaB

Nai84
11th September 2010, 01:04 AM
Hi HazzaB

I am :p and i think it will be along before i can teach you anything:doh: umh it is 140 mm wide and 40mm thick I not sure if its pine coz it is very different in weight and it came with a western red ceddar pack it was the supports from under neithe they where gonna chuck it in the bin :(( so i said no i will have it :rolleyes:

Cheers Ian

Ed Reiss
11th September 2010, 11:27 AM
Neat lookin' candle holder Nai...got that "primitive, africanny" look to it :2tsup:

The boards certainly look like pine...probably are.

Nai84
11th September 2010, 12:11 PM
Hi Ed Reiss

Thanks still need a lot of practice thoe, Ive have started on another one will post pic when i have finished and that timber is pine is it coz its allot lighter then normal.:2tsup:

Cheers Nai

nine fingers
11th September 2010, 01:05 PM
Hi HazzaB

I am :p and i think it will be along before i can teach you anything:doh: umh it is 140 mm wide and 40mm thick I not sure if its pine coz it is very different in weight and it came with a western red ceddar pack it was the supports from under neithe they where gonna chuck it in the bin :(( so i said no i will have it :rolleyes:

Cheers Ian
I'm pretty sure the timber is Ponderosa Pine, Used a lot of it years ago in lieu of Baltic pine. John.

wheelinround
11th September 2010, 01:27 PM
sign the man up for woodwork show demo's :2tsup::2tsup:

artme
11th September 2010, 06:54 PM
Wot 'e :aro-u: sed!! Fast learner nai!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Nai84
12th September 2010, 12:17 AM
I'm pretty sure the timber is Ponderosa Pine, Used a lot of it years ago in lieu of Baltic pine. John.

Hi nine fingers

Is this short of pine any good for wood turning

Cheers Nai84:2tsup:

Nai84
12th September 2010, 12:21 AM
Hi wheelinround & artme

Thanks guys means heaps hey cant wait to turn some more stuff looking at some projects in segament turning

Cheers Nai :2tsup: