PDA

View Full Version : Ubeaut Merchandising

HappyHammer
20th October 2004, 04:50 PM
This is a spinoff from the Apologies thread where Ubeaut T-shirts were suggested as a means of identifying fellow board members at WWW shows. Here are some examples.

HH.

Termite
20th October 2004, 05:11 PM
Yep, way to go, do you realy think we'll talk Him into it :D

JackoH
20th October 2004, 05:25 PM
I'll be interested to see what Neil has to say about this.
Someone, (his customer most likely) is going to have to pay.
I would rather have top quality products at the right price as we do now. :(

DaveInOz
20th October 2004, 05:39 PM
I like the design except put the UBeaut logo (as per the shirts worn on the U-Beaut stand) on the left breast, and offer the screen handle on the right as an extra.

I'd also prefer a polo to a t-shirt

I would pay up to $25 with out thinking, any more would require thought.

Grunt
20th October 2004, 07:11 PM

Only a little thought required on my part. Put me down for 1.

vsquizz
20th October 2004, 07:43 PM
I'd definetly go the shirt option but prefer the collar. Got some done years back for volunteer rescue and it was like T-shirt material with a collar and v-neck. We charged them out at $22.00 I think.

Like the look of the jumper and beanie.

Cheers

bitingmidge
20th October 2004, 08:32 PM
I didn't vote 'cos the question was "what should U-Beaut offer" and I figure I need a clothing line supplied by a finishes manufacturer about as badly as I need .... ohh never mind!!!

I have been thinking along these lines for some time however, see my post in the Apology thread (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?p=94899#post94899).

If the company I was dealing with hasn't disappeared overnight(!) it should be easy enough to do without holding any stock, but firstly it's Neil's decision, then we can have a crack if we want to do something for charity or whatever!

Cheers,

P

ozwinner
20th October 2004, 08:41 PM
For that sort of money they would have to be made in China.
Think of the typo.
We would all be wearing Ubrute t's and hats.

Al :D

graemet
20th October 2004, 10:06 PM
A thought - Sydney WWWShow is in the middle of winter, Tassie is cold any time, T shirts would be covered up with a jacket or jumper. Victorians are probably mad enough to wear a Tee in any weather, but a cap or beanie would be suitable for all climates. I don't know whether I would want to be recognised by other BBers, I guess that would depend on the first few I ran into in the flesh as opposed to the anonimity of cyberspace. In case of panic, the headgear could be stuffed into a pocket and reused later if courage returned, a little easier than smoothing out a foil hat!
Graeme

vsquizz
20th October 2004, 10:14 PM
West Aus woodshow is in the cooler months. I used to order lightweight footy jumpers with art and printing (by the doz) from a place in Frankston. They used to work out about $30.00 each and I still have several so the quality wasn't too bad. That was in 93-94 I think.

Cheers

ozwinner
20th October 2004, 10:23 PM
Ill go for the cap, in black.

Can we hold the logo, oh yeah and also hold the yellow colour.
Maybe Ill just get the black cap.
Unless it comes with the Jolly Rodger on it.
Maybe its time for Ubeat to change its logo??

Talk about being designed by a commitee. :D

Al :confused:

Zed
21st October 2004, 09:17 AM
what about a sew on patch thsat you can put on a tshirt, a polo, a jumper or a hat - you choose. all in Ubeauts logo of course.

Termite
21st October 2004, 09:28 AM
what about a sew on patch thsat you can put on a tshirt, a polo, a jumper or a hat - you choose. all in Ubeauts logo of course.
That would solve a lot of problems. You are obviously not just a pretty face Zed. :D

bitingmidge
21st October 2004, 10:38 AM

Zed,
Them's two words that if used in my house end up costing more money than the word "new tools". :eek: :eek: :eek:

Great idea, but I think we need to find another description lest those who were born to quilt overrun this forum!! (and only those who live with 'em will understand what I mean!!)

How about an iron-on decal??
:D :D :D

P

himzol
21st October 2004, 12:07 PM
I like all of the clothing ideas including ZED's sew on patch (we might have to call it something else for midge's sake).

The other thing that struck me is that everybody is expecting Neil to do this, OK he might own the logo but surely somebody else could do this under liscence from Neil.

Any volunteers ?...

echnidna
21st October 2004, 09:45 PM
The better description is "badge" not patch.
So what would people be prepared to pay for a cloth badge?
And what is the projected sales quantity?

graemet
21st October 2004, 11:16 PM
Zed,
Them's two words that if used in my house end up costing more money than the word "new tools". :eek: :eek: :eek:

Great idea, but I think we need to find another description lest those who were born to quilt overrun this forum!! (and only those who live with 'em will understand what I mean!!)

How about an iron-on decal??
:D :D :D

P Midge,
You mean I'm not alone, living with a quilter and no buttons on my shirts?
Graeme

stephenmeddings
22nd October 2004, 09:35 AM
how about keyrings?

echnidna
22nd October 2004, 09:46 AM
or monogramed willie warmers?

If its for identification keyrings and other things that are out of sight seem impractical.

himzol
22nd October 2004, 10:53 AM
echnidna,

Is there an "economic order quantity" from a manufacturer ? this would give an idea as to what their price would be. As for what the demand would be I would put the question in the "general" area of the BB, just to get an idea of numbers.

I would probably take 1 to 5 depending on price. If you plan on doing anything about this make sure that you get firm orders and deposits from buyers before hand (I wouldn't like to see anybody on this BB get burned trying to do a good deed).

Himzo.

HappyHammer
22nd October 2004, 11:08 AM
Neil he say No.

Termite
22nd October 2004, 11:22 AM
Neil he say No.
Dear me, I wonder why. :rolleyes:

Christopha
22nd October 2004, 05:41 PM
Those of you who have spotted the UBeaut mob at a woodshow might have just noticed ( just a little bit!) that we wear UBEAUT baseball caps....... Neil and Pauline have had these for years and I am sure that if you asked nicely and coughed up a little of your motheaten cash U and Beaut might just see their way clear to swap one for some of the other. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh, and to whoever deleted my previous post..... get a life!!! :rolleyes:

outback
22nd October 2004, 05:55 PM
Ya can take the door out of the forum, but ya can't get stopper out of the Christopha. The ghost returns, or at least makes a cameo appearance. :D

RETIRED
22nd October 2004, 08:45 PM
Those of you who have spotted the UBeaut mob at a woodshow might have just noticed ( just a little bit!) that we wear UBEAUT baseball caps....... Neil and Pauline have had these for years and I am sure that if you asked nicely and coughed up a little of your motheaten cash U and Beaut might just see their way clear to swap one for some of the other. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh, and to whoever deleted my previous post..... get a life!!! :rolleyes:
Neil and I are investigating this at the moment. availability and cost.

We feel that baseball caps are the way to go. Reasons: T shirts are easily covered by jumpers. Jumpers are easily removed when it gets hot. You need a myriad of sizes to cover everybody.

Soooooooo baseball caps are easily seen and can be worn almost every where and one size fits all.

As Chris says Ubeaut have always worn black caps. The logo will be changed a bit from the normal cap.

As has been said before we will need to know numbers and cash up front.

There will be a thread started shortly with a form that can be emailed. Give us a couple of weeks though as Neil is getting ready to go to Tassie and I am flat out too. :D

RETIRED
22nd October 2004, 08:47 PM
Neil he say No.
Joke Joyce :D

ozwinner
22nd October 2004, 09:04 PM
Lokks like Ill have to buy some silver spray paint. ;)

Al :D

Christopha
22nd October 2004, 09:31 PM
HAH! Foiled again!!!

bitingmidge
22nd October 2004, 10:46 PM
I would be very concerned that black caps could be made from parts of dead Black Helicopters (http://zapatopi.net/blackhelicopters.html) and we could all end up in a spot of really really serious trouble!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

P

bitingmidge
22nd October 2004, 10:49 PM
We feel that baseball caps are the way to go.

I'd be thinking something like THIS (http://www.beer-hats.com/home.htm) only made with genuine U-Beaut packaging would be far more appropriate!! :D :D

P

Bob Willson
23rd October 2004, 10:49 AM
Peter, what DO you spend all your time doing that you can continually come up with the crazy sites that you find?

I think the answer may be in the question. :D

outback
23rd October 2004, 04:45 PM
Why not some of them camel spiders what were doing the rounds a while back. We could all stuff them on our heads. I reckon it'd ward off aliens too. :D

JackoH
25th October 2004, 10:19 AM
Look good at next years' WWW show too!

echnidna
25th October 2004, 08:19 PM
If we are all going to wear camel spiders at next years WWW will they have the Ubeaut forum logo on them?

outback
25th October 2004, 10:37 PM
Sounds like a good job for Christopha, tattooing the logo on all the spider foreheads. :eek:

Wood Borer
1st November 2004, 12:15 PM
For Christopha's sake I hope they don't have sharp scratchy bits on the inside.

It's OK for us with full heads of hair. :D

echnidna
14th March 2005, 07:13 PM
yet another recycled thread :D :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Zed
14th March 2005, 08:32 PM
did the hats / patches ever get created ? tell me tell me romper stomper bomper boo...

MathewA
15th March 2005, 03:18 AM
Now is it possible you could have your online name put on somewhere

MathewA
15th March 2005, 03:29 AM
Ya know... Yer all waisting yer time thinkin about t shirts, baseball caps bla bla... If you want someting to identify each other with... everyone should get ozwinner to make them a foily. You'd be able to spot a forum member from 500m away. You'd be a standout where ever you went. And cause oz was the originator he and the moderators could have tall pointy ones like the pope. And best of all when wearing the foilies we'd all be able to communicate telepathically.:D

Neil and I are investigating this at the moment. availability and cost.

We feel that baseball caps are the way to go. Reasons: T shirts are easily covered by jumpers. Jumpers are easily removed when it gets hot. You need a myriad of sizes to cover everybody.

Soooooooo baseball caps are easily seen and can be worn almost every where and one size fits all.

As Chris says Ubeaut have always worn black caps. The logo will be changed a bit from the normal cap.

As has been said before we will need to know numbers and cash up front.

There will be a thread started shortly with a form that can be emailed. Give us a couple of weeks though as Neil is getting ready to go to Tassie and I am flat out too. :D

MathewA
15th March 2005, 03:34 AM
If you didn't want to be recognised you could have a few with other names on them - think of the possibities.

A thought - Sydney WWWShow is in the middle of winter, Tassie is cold any time, T shirts would be covered up with a jacket or jumper. Victorians are probably mad enough to wear a Tee in any weather, but a cap or beanie would be suitable for all climates. I don't know whether I would want to be recognised by other BBers, I guess that would depend on the first few I ran into in the flesh as opposed to the anonimity of cyberspace. In case of panic, the headgear could be stuffed into a pocket and reused later if courage returned, a little easier than smoothing out a foil hat!
Graeme

Kris.Parker1
22nd March 2005, 04:27 PM
Baseball caps, beenies and T-shirts are the way to go. It might be a good idea. Someone within this forum must have contacts who can do them on the cheap side.