PDA

View Full Version : What do you find from the green colour in the Incra LS metric.

Schummie
13th September 2010, 01:29 AM
Dear incra friends,

After a lot looking and reading on different websites, I ordered a couple off mounts ago the
Incra 17” LS Super system and after a week my order is arrived at my home address.
You understand that I was very happy with my new Incra LS Super system, it is certainly
not a cheap system but I know that I buy something good.
But when I open the box I was , sorry that I must say, disappointed, the first thing I notice,
where GREEN plastic “things” During my reading about the Icra LC I hat never notice the green color.
I but now I notice that all the positioning rack’s, which I thought that they where black on
my Incra 17” Super system are they (dreadful - sorry)l GREEN.
First I thought this a mistake, who pout's on this great system green, why not grey or red.
There is nothing on the Incra 17” LS Super system that is green, everything is gold, red and black.
I was hoping with all my hart that this was a mistake and that I got everything what is green in a black or red color.

I send a email to Incra with my complaint and they told me that The standard racks and the metric racks
must be different colors to ensure that the proper racks are installed in the units with corresponding lead screw positioning elements.
(Green with the metric lead screw element; black with the standard lead screw element.)
Further they say that I agree with your opinion that it is indeed a dreadful green colour.

My question is what do you you find from this green colour, honestly?

Thank you,

Schummie.

Sorry for my English

http://www.woodworksupplies.com.au/Images%20used/LSCONV.2.jpg

Gwhat
13th September 2010, 08:55 AM
Hi Schummie

The metric market for Incra is quite small, therefore most everything the photograph is the Imperial version. The Metic Racks have been Green for at least 5 years.

We're just thankful that there is now a Metric version, no matter what colour!!!

Regards

Grahame

Schummie
13th September 2010, 09:38 AM
Dear Graham,

thank you very much for your response.
Such a great company, who makes beautiful products, who is known all
over the world for his quality, who putts a lot off money to develop these products
and than comes with this color green.
A colour which is totally not appropriate with the rest of the colours from this great
product.
I think it is to easy to say that the market for metric is to small, is that really so small (Europe small)
and are the cost really more, to make it red or gray?
Sorry but I find it (with a lot off people over here) a waste of this wonderful product, but will we be heart.

But Graham, what do find from this colour green?

Thanks Schummie.

sorry for my English, I try my best

damian
13th September 2010, 09:47 AM
I suppose it's a matter of taste. Green is my favourite colour, but to tell you the truth I don't care what my incra looks like, I only care that it works well.

While there are many people in europe and australia, new zealand etc who work in metric incra sell most of their product in the usa, so that is their main market.

I am sorry you are so upset by the colour of your machine. Hopefully after you have used it for a while you will forget the colour and love the functionality.

You could always do what I do and use the inch version :D

Rattrap
13th September 2010, 09:48 AM
To be honest i never even thought twice about the green pieces. I fitted them according to the instructions then put the tool to use. I wasn't even sure what you were talking about when i opened this thread till i saw the pic.
I can't see a problem.
Its not like i'm running a fashion parade in my workshop.....

Schummie
13th September 2010, 10:15 AM
I think that my English is not good enough to explain my question.
Yes I know the product is great and I know it's not the color whats makes a product and no I'm not upset.
I only want to know what you find from this green colour, with the colours red, black and gold.
But if you find it a great colour with the rest off the colour no problem, it was only a question.

I find it personally a minus for the developers from this great product, so mutts developing and than they come with this green, sorry.
But if you find it all well, no problem, I'm probably a creep :;

Greetings Schummie.

Gwhat
13th September 2010, 10:47 AM
Schummie

We sell as do every other Incra dealer a product to do a great job, the LS system never leaves the workshop only the output (boxes etc) find their way into an area where aesthetics matter. Just don't make things that are coloured green if the colour offends you.

Regards

Grahame

Schummie
13th September 2010, 11:03 AM
Dear Grahame,

If you think that Incra did here a great job, with the this metric colours, ok.

Thank you, Schummie.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
13th September 2010, 09:51 PM
Just to be the Devil's Advocate, I gotta agree with Schummie that that's a bloody 'orrible colour.

What the heck were they thinking when they chose it? Surely there were other, not quite so visually offensive choices they could've made?

It surprises me, considering the amount of thought that has gone into almost every other aspect of their jigs.

(And there's a reason no manufacturer sells bright pink, purple, or tartan tablesaws, bandsaws and the like. They just won't sell in any qty... regardless of how well they might work!)

Master Splinter
13th September 2010, 09:51 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but I think the colour is derived from some international standard - I've noticed that imperial allen keys seem to come in red packets, while the metric ones come in green, and I've noticed a similar re/green colour theme on a few other types of tool, too..

Sir Stinkalot
15th September 2010, 08:12 PM
I agree with Schummie.

Whilst it does not effect anything it would have been better if they were in a colour to match the rest of the unit - either red or light grey.

It would be interesting to see what the logic behind the decision was, Master Splinter may be onto something.

Gwhat
16th September 2010, 09:12 AM
Hi all

A quick history lesson, in the early days of Incra the Imperial racks were a light baby blue, and the Metric racks were a corresponding green. The Imperial racks were changed to black but the Metric stayed green.

As far as the longevity of the Green colour goes ....... stay tuned????

Regards

Grahame

Woodlee
17th September 2010, 04:35 PM
I like the Green and Gold on the Incra ,Aussie national sports colours.

Kev.

Gwhat
22nd May 2011, 09:37 AM
Hi

After Schummies persistant pressure to get a more aesthetic colour for the Metric Sawtooth Racks Incra have responded with a Red replacement.

http://www.incrementaltools.com/v/vspfiles/photos/M-RACKSET5-1.jpg

As they still have some stocks of the Green racks, they will alternate these with the Red ones where they are mounted in multiples on a fence etc, Red, Green, Red. This will be great for South Sydney Rabbitohs fans.

Of course I'm only joking!! but it will take some time for the new colour to appear on all products.

Good news ???

Regards

Grahame

damian
22nd May 2011, 01:32 PM
I'll have to order green racks before they are all sold out! :D

No doubt they will become an appreciating collectors item.

Sir Stinkalot
22nd May 2011, 01:46 PM
Congratulations Schummie ...... they should be sending you some freebies to replace the green. This is a good win for the little guy!

*Kev
22nd May 2011, 06:12 PM
Sorry Damian you are too late.

I received some pretty red racks last week from Incremental Tools.

dedward.rocks
30th May 2011, 11:35 PM
Due to laziness and other reasons, I haven't installed my metric kit yet. I hope it's green... although the walls of the workshop are "skyrocket red". Damn, I'm going to have to open up the conversion kit now just to check on the colour.

Schummie
15th August 2011, 11:07 AM
Thank you Sir Stinkalot,

It's a long time ago I was on this forum, story, my health was not/is not so great and there are then times you don't like to look
and read about the things you love doing the mos and you can't do it anymore.
I love woodworking but because off my handicap and the pain I can't do it anymore,
I lie 98% off the day on my bed because off the terrible pain.
But enough over that, I was very surprised that Incra listened to us and that what was green is now red. I'm sorry for the guys which don't like the red.
It wood be great when Incra send me a e-mail and told me about the new color and
maybe send me the new red things or give me the change to buy it.
I send and received several email from Incra about this subject.

I'm shamed, but I still not have made the router table with my incra stuff, I can't do it anymore because off the pain.

Thank you Incra for listening to your customers. :2tsup: I love Incra :2tsup:

I wish you all the best.

Schummie.

Sorry for my English.

SilverSniper
10th September 2011, 10:18 PM
I just ordered a LS Supersystem from Tool King in the USA (lots cheaper than buying one here).

I'll let you know what colour it is when it shows up...

SilverSniper
21st September 2011, 11:54 PM
it arrived yesterday and it's red, gold and black, no green to be seen.

oradba69
5th December 2011, 04:44 AM
I like the Green and Gold on the Incra ,Springbok national sports colours.

Kev.

Agree :U and it will go well with my Festool goodies.