PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm after some advice

ianash
24th October 2010, 06:01 PM
Hi there

My mother has had to recently move out of her house that she and my dad lived in for nearly 50 years.

As a consequence, I now have the job of cleaning out the house and more particularly, my dad's garage (who passed away many years ago) which still contains his woodturning gear. While his lathe was sold, there are many wood blanks, some tools and general bits and pieces.

My question - is there a normal way of selling these things? That is, do I put all the wood blanks together or should I try to sell them separately? Ditto for chisels?

Many thanks for any help.

Rhys_holland
24th October 2010, 06:23 PM
i might be able to help you out what sort of bowl blanks how many and what do you want for them email me at rhys_holland @hotmail.com photos would be nice

tea lady
24th October 2010, 06:26 PM
Normal way? :hmm: I think every way has been tried. Do what is easiest for you.:cool: If you know what you are looking at, separately would work cos you will have an idea yourself weather a particular wood is rarish of not. But you have to have the time to list 'em all. Or you could bundle a whole lot of little ones together in a number of lots. :shrug: Chisels, it depends how much tool steel is left, and what type of steel they are. :shug:

Where? Here is a good place. :D Packed full of vulchers wanting other peoples shed stashes. :rolleyes: Although you gotta put a price on things. Ebay, you just let the market decide. :shrug: So how much time you got? :think: :shrug:

ianash
24th October 2010, 06:58 PM
Many thanks for such quick replies.

It'll take me a week or two to get photos and things listed here (still clearing the house!)

ianash
2nd November 2010, 01:21 PM
Just to let you know that I have put some wood rounds up for sale in the Sale Forum (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f222/wood-rounds-turning-126375/).