PDA

View Full Version : In the same theme

Mark sanger
4th November 2010, 08:54 PM
Hi all

I thought I would show this piece as it is in the same theme/style as the last.

the difference with this piece is that it was to represent my idea of a piece pre -Rikyu ( who was the Japanese tea master that stripped away all of the fancy over the top style which was initially incorporated in the tea ceremony.).

Prior to Rikyu everything was very ornate and over the top. So I made this piece to look like it had been left and was degrading. In a prior time it was highly ornate but now forgotten and being reclaimed back into nature. The only remnant of its prior glory being the now degrading gold insert. Everything else is decaying and ageing.

The piece is made of ash, textured and coloured, gold leaf, polymer clay finial, copper leaf which is patinated with a fluid.

Comments welcome.

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss166/fullcircle1/preRikyu.jpg

artme
4th November 2010, 09:05 PM
All class Mark!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

orificiam
4th November 2010, 10:25 PM
:oo::oo: Wow Mark truly a "Masterpiece".
Cheers Tony.:)

Mark sanger
5th November 2010, 12:15 AM
Hi

Thank you both very much for your comments. Much appreciated.

Take care

Mark

Nai84
5th November 2010, 12:51 AM
Hey Mark

WWWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW:surprise: now thats a master piece well done mate

Ian:2tsup:

wheelinround
5th November 2010, 07:39 AM
Hey Mark

WWWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW:surprise: now thats a master piece well done mate

Ian:2tsup:

Ian go check Mark's website (http://www.marksanger.co.uk/) but before you do best put a chinstrap on :p

Mark love your work what would it take to have you come down under during the Woodshow season. I am sure we could all chip in $1 to see you turn.:;

NeilS
5th November 2010, 09:35 AM
Schmick work!

Schmick website!

Ed Reiss
5th November 2010, 11:42 AM
:2tsup::2tsup:

Nai84
5th November 2010, 12:09 PM
Ian go check Mark's website (http://www.marksanger.co.uk/) but before you do best put a chinstrap on :p

Mark love your work what would it take to have you come down under during the Woodshow season. I am sure we could all chip in $1 to see you turn.:;

Hey WR

Chinstrap is on :2tsup: and I will put in a buck :D

Ian

Hors
5th November 2010, 01:34 PM
We need to see this man in Australia

The work he does is nothing short of exceptional.

seanz
5th November 2010, 04:41 PM
Comments welcome.

Inspirational. Thanks for sharing.

Mark sanger
5th November 2010, 07:43 PM

wheelinround.

Thank you for your comments they are much appreciated, :B. I have been invited down by one of you fellow countrymen to stay with him and to do some demo's. I want to be able to bring my wife and two daughters as coming to your country would be a lifetime trip for us all. So once I can save up enough for the fairs I will hopefully be on the plane.

It would be very enjoyable to demonstrate at some of your wood shows and to meet up with people.

May be one day, I hope, :):)

Mark sanger
5th November 2010, 07:50 PM
Thank you all very much for your comments. :B:B.

I enjoy my work very much. In fact I do not work for a living I just play and enjoy myself and consider myself a very fortunate person indeed.

While I obviously enjoy others comments about my work, there is still much for me to learn and get my head around. This is why I enjoy the forums as I can get to know and chat to like minded people and pick up tips etc. It can also be a very solitary existance in my 3 x 4 meter workshop. While my dogs keep me company I find the conversation lacking. :)

Thank you all again very much. I certainly hope one day I will make it down to you as Australia is a place I have always wanted to visit.

Take care

Mark

Nai84
5th November 2010, 09:52 PM
Hey Mark

I checked out your web site and OMG WOW you are very talented and some day I will be as good as you LMAO:2tsup:

Ian

Mark sanger
6th November 2010, 04:38 AM
Hey Mark

I checked out your web site and OMG WOW you are very talented and some day I will be as good as you LMAO:2tsup:

Ian

Hi Ian

Thank you for your comments. I am glad you like my work.

dr4g0nfly
6th November 2010, 09:27 AM
I was lucky enough to have a days tuition with Mark Sanger at the Avon and Bristol Woodturners workshop at The Mill in Portishead.

His work is fantastic but he is also a very good teacher of his art.

Max Carey Woodturning Trust (http://www.maxcareywoodturningtrust.org.uk/index.html)

orificiam
6th November 2010, 09:19 PM
You Lucky Man, I'm:D:D with envy. in a good way of cause.
Cheers Tony.:)

Mark sanger
6th November 2010, 11:03 PM
Hi Dragonfly

Thank you for your comments. It is always good to hear feed back from my tuition.

It was a good day.

Tony thank you for your input.

Take care

Mark