PDA

View Full Version : A Small Victory For Me

Nai84
21st November 2010, 02:26 AM
Hey Everyone well I started cleaning out my shed and organising some things as suggested by The Bleeder & rsser :2tsup: thanks guys for the conferdence boost thats just what I needed :B. I know its only small but I shorted out all the nuts bolts nails and bits n pieces I spilt a while ago :D. Also while cleaning out the shed I found there letter stamps 27pcs set and number stamps 9pcs set does anyone know if they are any good or worth anything :?:? Ian

wheelinround
21st November 2010, 07:24 AM
:no: Not worth a cent Ian I'll send a post pack and you can send them over I'll take care of them. :;

:doh: I just recalled I have a set not the same though.

You can use them to stamp you makers mark into your work or a pattern if patient.:U

artme
21st November 2010, 07:57 AM
Good on you Ian!!:)

NEVER throw anything out. Save it for Ron.:q

seanz
21st November 2010, 08:01 AM
does anyone know if they are any good or worth anything

I've bought stamps this year, first the letters then the numbers. Don't think I paid more than $50 for the lot. Mine are almost definitely made in China....yours are from the USA....might be worth a bit more?

I see they ripped you off on the '9' too........;)

The Bleeder
21st November 2010, 09:56 AM
Just don't turn intp a neat freak....:U:U:o

HazzaB
21st November 2010, 10:34 AM
Hey Ian,

Even if you are not gunna use them, hang ém on the wall, (You can never have enough S#^* hangin'on the wall) If you are really not gunna use it hang it up high so it doesn't get in the road of the junk that you are gunna use. :C

Like Art said, You 'never throw anything out'

HazzaB

Paul39
21st November 2010, 11:08 AM
Ian,

If you ever take your tools to a group setting, shed or house raising, a bunch getting together to do some turning, etc.; your initials stamped on the butt end of turning tools, hammers, and on wrenches, saws etc., might help sort out what belong to whom at the end of the day.

In the US the standard ID for things that might be stolen is a persons state driver's license. For North Carolina, as an example, one would put NC 1234567.

The pawn shops here must get a photo ID from anyone pawning something. The pawn shop must turn in to the police or sheriffs department a list of everything pawned the preceding week.

If someone cleans out your shed, and you have a list of stuff stolen, the police department runs the serial numbers through a computer to see if any pawned items match. If they do, and ownership is proven, the pawn shop loses the item, the item is returned to the owner, and the person who pawned the Item is sometimes arrested.

Nai84
21st November 2010, 01:49 PM
Hey guys thanks for info i didnt think they would be worth much i not really sure if i will every use them as i have a dremel so if want something engraved i just use that but then again like art and hazza said dont throw anything out :doh: i do have some other stuff that i dont use that i will post later to see if anyone wants it :2tsup: Ian

Nai84
21st November 2010, 01:54 PM
Hey TB i will try not to be a neat freak :doh:

stuffy
21st November 2010, 03:13 PM
Hey Ian,
Nothing wrong with being a neat freak, just come and do it in my shed!:wink:
I think I've taken Artme's suggestion a step too far.:doh:
It's worse than last time you saw it, I now have to climb over stuff to get in and clear a space on the floor for somewhere to stand.
I'm tempted to close the door and build a new shed.:-

Nai84
21st November 2010, 03:52 PM
Hey stuffy I am normal a neat freak anyway so its all good. Ha ha did you buy more stuff stuffy :doh: now you will need another shed :2tsup: I am more then happy to come over and help you tidy your shed when my hand is out of this stupid cast :; Ian

Christos
21st November 2010, 09:10 PM
That's good going on the clean up. It is when you find something you had forgotten you had is when you know that things got out of hand.

Nai84
22nd November 2010, 12:11 AM
Hey Guys well this is the other stuff that I have that I wouldnt use some router bits & letters and numbers templates for the router size is 2 1/2 & 1 1/2 complete sets so if you want them just let me know Ian :2tsup: :2tsup:

The Bleeder
22nd November 2010, 07:04 AM
Hey Ian,
Nothing wrong with being a neat freak, just come and do it in my shed!:wink:
I think I've taken Artme's suggestion a step too far.:doh:
It's worse than last time you saw it, I now have to climb over stuff to get in and clear a space on the floor for somewhere to stand.
I'm tempted to close the door and build a new shed.:-

And when he's finished with yours he can fix up mine.

Nai84
22nd November 2010, 09:39 PM
Hey TB sounds like a plan as long as you pay for the plane tickets :p Ian

wheelinround
22nd November 2010, 09:44 PM
May as well come help do mine while your here ian seen TB is paying :p

Nai84
22nd November 2010, 09:52 PM
why not might aswell WR we could all get together and make some curlies well i can watch coz of my hand :p:2tsup: Ian

The Bleeder
23rd November 2010, 02:01 PM
Hey TB sounds like a plan as long as you pay for the plane tickets :p Ian

How much do you weigh? I check out the cargo rates.

Nai84
24th November 2010, 12:42 AM
Hey TB

I weigh about 85 kg just make sure that the cargo comes with luxurys :q:q:D:D

Ian