PDA

View Full Version : Finished Jouneywoman's Tool Box

Kerry Blue
24th November 2010, 05:49 PM
Actually it's a journeyman's tool box but since it's for me I've renamed it! It's been hours of work but I have a great teacher in Steve at fineboxes.com.au on the Gold Coast. I have a huge tool-filled shed at home but achieve far more in class due to the simple discipline of making the time for woodworking! It will be so nice to one day retire!!

All the brassware came from my odds'n'ends box in the shed - brass window pulls for the handles, a window latch on the front, knobs from a 2nd hand pine kitchen I purchased once used on the lid etc etc. The timber drawer sides and drawer slips are kauri which was rescued from Murwillumbah tip about 4 years ago so the major costs were the ply and veneer.

Too nice for the shed????

What are my fellow wood-whispering women working on at present?

RufflyRustic
24th November 2010, 10:14 PM
Hi and Welcome Kerry

That is one very fine Journey(wo)man's Tool Chest. :2tsup: Steve is a great teacher and so interesting and funny as well as knowedgable about woodwork. I bet you had the most fun time building the tool chest.

Maybe it is way too nice for the shed. did you have any plans for it at all?

I'm currently working on a couple of money boxes, finishing a wall-hung shelf unit for the laundry, a miniature chest of drawers and am planning my next Camphor Laurel creation, maybe a table or two of some sort...:)

cheers
Wendy

kekemo
26th November 2010, 03:14 AM
Love it... absolutely beautiful... CONGRATULATIONS...
How long did it take you from start to finish of woodwork...???
Cheers... show us more of your pieces.
Kekemo.. alias "ShED's Lady"

Claw Hama
26th November 2010, 06:31 AM
Looks fantastic Kerry, beautiful job:2tsup:. Now you need to make some of your own tools to go in it. Great to see the WWW fired up again too, hasn't been much activity here of late. Are you girls spending to much time in the home? get back in the shed!!:U

tea lady
26th November 2010, 09:31 AM
:oo: Beautiful! :cool:

Brosh
27th November 2010, 02:33 PM
You most certainly deserve the warm glow one feels from a job well done.Outstanding! Salutations from Brosh

busyhands
21st December 2010, 09:21 AM
How beautiful - exquisite work. Can't wait to see more of your creations! :D

mrpedersen
24th December 2010, 07:54 PM
Very Nice, I was taken by the pics, fine work looks terrific. At first I thought it was a large Jewelry Case, beautiful work.

flynnsart
24th December 2010, 09:13 PM
Awesome! I bet you keep on looking at it!

I dont have any time for my woodworking at the moment, I am slowly working on my house, my tools are going rusty. But I get to go back in the workshop soon as I have to build a kitchen:2tsup:.

Donna