PDA

View Full Version : air Hose Reels

niall .p
15th November 2004, 08:52 AM
I don,t know if anybody else has tryed this But i have been using a garden hose reel to keep my air hose on just like those expensive ones they sell.
So far it does not leak and it been i service for over one year.It was a bit of a bugger to get the air hose over the garden hose fittings but some hot water so fixed that. Ilso fixed the reel on to the compresser so as you only have to wheel the comresser and the hose is with it all ready to go..If any one is interested i will try and post a picture.
l

glenn k
15th November 2004, 08:40 PM
Good idea

gavogr
16th November 2004, 04:54 PM
Sounds like a great idea wood be nice to see a pic if u have one handy.

Billspin
26th January 2005, 08:58 AM
This is a great idea, I couldn't get the air hose over the fittings so I just used a metal drill and drilled right through the plastic fitting. I was then able to push the end of the hose through from the inside leaving about 1.5m of hose outside.
I find it's no problem the protruding hose flops around a bit when reeling in and out and 1.5m allows me to put the reel next to the compresser when in use. I had the reel for 12 years and it wasn't used as my garden hose was too long. It works much better in the new job and cost nothing. Thanks for a great idea.-------Billspin

barnsey
26th January 2005, 10:02 AM
This is a great idea, I couldn't get the air hose over the fittings so I just used a metal drill and drilled right through the plastic fitting. I was then able to push the end of the hose through from the inside leaving about 1.5m of hose outside.
I find it's no problem the protruding hose flops around a bit when reeling in and out and 1.5m allows me to put the reel next to the compresser when in use. I had the reel for 12 years and it wasn't used as my garden hose was too long. It works much better in the new job and cost nothing. Thanks for a great idea.-------Billspin

G'day Billspin,

This is a great idea isn't it :)

Just wondering though, if your hose runs straight through the plastic fitting which is where the twist is accounted for, how do you handle the twist that occurs in the 1.5 meter tail? :confused:

My setup has the tail clamped to the filter/separator outlet. So I'm guessing you have Jamac's to connect and disconnect when you roll out and retrieve. ;)

Hmmm an air connector on the hose reel might be the go for me :D

Thanks for expanding on niall's idea.

Jamie

Billspin
26th January 2005, 08:37 PM
Yes I just isconnect at the snap connecter and it doesn't twist.---------Billspin