PDA

View Full Version : Oak lidded box and chattertool

Ad de Crom
21st January 2011, 02:16 AM
Have lately not so much in my workshop engaged in wood turning, too preoccupied with other things, as is the complete renovation of the kitchen.
But I have not seen all day in the kitchen, am I still found the time to tool-making and have made me a chattertool and received satisfactory results with it.
I also made oak box with a lid, with a 50mm beech insert with chatter decoration.
The lidded box is round 130mm and 82mm high, and finished with water-based acrylic paint.
Here some pictures of the tool chatter, and the oak lidded box.

Cheers, Ad

wheelinround
21st January 2011, 08:23 AM
Ad how do you renovate a kitchen and not do woodwork........unless your buying flat-pac from Ikea :p

Love the bowl and added touch of the chattered lid would this then be called a "Chatter Box" :U

Nice tool:2tsup:, how much do you allow overhang off the tool rest and angle ???

artme
21st January 2011, 08:49 AM
Nice box Ad!! The lid is a neat touch!!:2tsup::2tsup::):)

Sawdust Maker
21st January 2011, 09:04 AM
Nice box and love what you did with the tool
thanks for showing the tool

orraloon
21st January 2011, 06:16 PM
I like the box Ad.
The tool looks good and strong and easy enough for me to make. Thanks for showing.
Regards
John

Ad de Crom
21st January 2011, 08:22 PM
Ad how do you renovate a kitchen and not do woodwork........unless your buying flat-pac from Ikea :p

Love the bowl and added touch of the chattered lid would this then be called a "Chatter Box" :U

Nice tool:2tsup:, how much do you allow overhang off the tool rest and angle ???
Ray, had to laugh reading your comment :)
Not my first try with this tool was bingo, used first blades of a jig saw, hmmm, not exactly what I wanted.
Than I made a blade out of a 1,2mm thick ice skating blade, and with a overhang of 55 mm gave me the wanted result.
Anyway, I'm a tool richer :D
Not ready with the kitchen yet, but making good progress, have to keep the lady of the house in a friendly mood...:roll:
Ad

Ed Reiss
22nd January 2011, 12:33 PM
Lovely work, Ad :2tsup: ...must be a mite cold in the shed this time of year:cold: