PDA

View Full Version : Some YouTube videos for woodturners

Mulgabill
20th February 2011, 01:40 PM
Our forum member and very talented professional woodturner Brendan Stemp has posted three interesting vidoes on YouTube. I found the one on finishing to be very helpful. Check it out at YouTube - Wood Turning Lacquering and Finishing or just do a YouTube search on Brendan Stemp.
The other two are on Sandpaper and Chattertools.
Well done Brendan:2tsup:

munruben
20th February 2011, 01:52 PM
Interesting, thanks for sharing.:2tsup:

Jim Carroll
20th February 2011, 09:44 PM
Russel one thing to consider when spraying is to have a regulator and gauge at the gun.

What this does is allows you to have full pressure in your line right up to the gun then regulate it to the pressure required. It makes it easier to see what pressure you are using.

The other reason for this is that if you have a long hose the pressure showing at the compressor could be anywhere from 5-10psi lower at the gun.

They can be very compact and dont add too much weight to the gun.

Mulgabill
20th February 2011, 11:36 PM
Thanks Jim!
I have taken your suggestions on-board along with Brendan's. One of these days soon I'll get it all together:U

Sawdust Maker
21st February 2011, 08:38 PM
Brendon

Hmm

tell us to wear safety equipment
then you don't :doh:

BTW like the tute

brendan stemp
22nd February 2011, 12:02 AM
Brendon

Hmm

tell us to wear safety equipment
then you don't :doh:

BTW like the tute

You are right on that one but can you imagine how difficult it would've been to hear me talk if I had a mask on. That was the reason for the omission and I did make mention of this fact but it was cut in the editing process (not by me) for reasons I can't remember.

Sawdust Maker
22nd February 2011, 08:12 AM
Thought that might have been the case but thought I'd be a cheekie bugger anyway :rolleyes:

BTW where did you get the gun?

Ed Reiss
22nd February 2011, 01:01 PM
Good presentation, Brendan. Thanks.