PDA

View Full Version : Anybody want

RETIRED
20th February 2011, 06:18 PM
Tea Ladies job?:D

No sickies TL.

1/2 way mark on a job. 3 days work worth.

Grommett
20th February 2011, 06:24 PM
So I suppose a vacuum cleaner is out of the question? Don't forget you have visitors shortly.

Sawdust Maker
20th February 2011, 07:00 PM
I'd be interested,
but the daily commute would be a killer :doh:

dai sensei
20th February 2011, 07:08 PM
By the way the chips are stacked up, are you thinking of using the dust extractor as a chip extractor :U

So what is the end product that gave all the shavings?

John Saxton
20th February 2011, 07:13 PM
Can't see is he somewhere in all that:D

Cheers:)

cookie48
20th February 2011, 08:40 PM
You could get a job in a pulping mill

RETIRED
20th February 2011, 08:44 PM
I'd be interested,
but the daily commute would be a killer :doh:So would the fuel bill.:D

By the way the chips are stacked up, are you thinking of using the dust extractor as a chip extractor :U Dust extractors clog up here if we get them too close.

So what is the end product that gave all the shavings?I will put up a photo later.

Can't see is he somewhere in all that:D

Cheers:)Nah, he is the idiot taking the pics.:D

nalmo
20th February 2011, 10:49 PM
I think 's trying to balance out the photos of people's lathes where there's not a shaving to be seen.

RETIRED
20th February 2011, 10:57 PM
So I suppose a vacuum cleaner is out of the question? Don't forget you have visitors shortly.Tea lady will make sure that it is ready by Saturday.:wink:

RETIRED
22nd February 2011, 12:13 PM
Jobs finished.

This is the final result.

What TL wanted to do to me. She suggested I get a new job. Bar steward I think she said.:wink:

The clean up begins.

Finished product.

Ed Reiss
22nd February 2011, 12:45 PM
...a pier mooring post:?

Sawdust Maker
22nd February 2011, 12:58 PM

my thought as well - a bollard? or two

Pat
22nd February 2011, 01:20 PM
So we finally see both the VB72 and AM do some work. How many hours did it take her to clean up?

Jim Carroll
22nd February 2011, 01:57 PM
So we finally see both the VB72 and AM do some work. How many hours did it take her to clean up?

Pat I dont think would have done the job on the VB72 it is just in the way which makes it harder for TL to clean up.:((

Brings back memories of doing the big posts.

Waldo
22nd February 2011, 02:03 PM
All that to get a whatyercvallit. :yikes:

You could easily takes over Gunns job in Tassie.

RETIRED
22nd February 2011, 03:20 PM
So we finally see both the VB72 and AM do some work. How many hours did it take her to clean up?She hasn't finished yet.

RETIRED
22nd February 2011, 03:21 PM
Pat I dont think would have done the job on the VB72 it is just in the way which makes it harder for TL to clean up.:((

Brings back memories of doing the big posts.You can't make it too easy. It was moved when I could get at it.:D

Wait and see what is next.:wink:

RETIRED
22nd February 2011, 03:22 PM
All that to get a whatyercvallit. :yikes:

You could easily takes over Gunns job in Tassie.Chips are probably about the same size.:D

RETIRED
22nd February 2011, 03:24 PM

my thought as well - a bollard? or two 28 in all. Going to a town on Port Phillip bay.

We supply quite a lot for landscaping etc.

Waldo
22nd February 2011, 03:26 PM
So, 28 times the mess already there? No wonder Tea Lady is throwing in the tea towel.

RETIRED
22nd February 2011, 03:55 PM
So, 28 times the mess already there? No wonder Tea Lady is throwing in the tea towel.That is off about 25 of them.

Pat
22nd February 2011, 04:11 PM
Hey , what's the piece on the VB72?

Someone didn't look all that please of her being photographed:U

tea lady
22nd February 2011, 04:14 PM

She hasn't finished yet.About 40 bags of sawdust taken out, and maybe only half way there! :sweat: And he's gonna add more to it tomorrow too. :saddest:

Charleville
22nd February 2011, 04:16 PM
Mulch!!! :2tsup:

Allan at Wallan
22nd February 2011, 04:22 PM
Congratulations on making your first pen :2tsup:

... but someone should have told you to drill a hole
in the end for the refill.:D

Allan

wheelinround
22nd February 2011, 04:41 PM
:roflmao::lolabove:

Now what was saying about directing your shavings when in Sydney :U

Where's that video of the fellow who directs them straight into a mini waste bin. :rolleyes:

Got to cut down on staff slacking off , can't waste time posing for photo's and another taking them thats $$$$ you know.

Pagie
22nd February 2011, 06:49 PM
Rolf needs more sawdust.

RETIRED
22nd February 2011, 07:24 PM
We are getting a skip in tomorrow to get rid of the excess but I will keep some out for him.

tea lady
22nd February 2011, 09:51 PM
We are getting a skip in tomorrow to get rid of the excess but I will keep some out for him.:wave:

RETIRED
22nd February 2011, 09:51 PM
Hey , what's the piece on the VB72?

Someone didn't look all that please of her being photographed:UGoing to be a wall plaque when I get time.

ticklingmedusa
23rd February 2011, 09:17 AM
Going to be a wall plaque when I get time.
:D

can you explain how it will be attached to the deck surface?

I'm also curious about what type of paint or finish will be applied or will that job be your client's responsibility?

Grumpy John
23rd February 2011, 09:23 AM
Going to be a wall plaque when I get time.

I thought that it was going to be a "round tuit" that you hadn't got around to finishing :D :stirthepot:.

wheelinround
23rd February 2011, 04:48 PM
AM do you use some of it to fire the kiln?? or added to the clay for texture would be ideal for those Forum mugs.:U

tea lady
23rd February 2011, 04:53 PM
AM do you use some of it to fire the kiln?? or added to the clay for texture would be ideal for those Forum mugs.:U:think: Would be wonldn't it! But don't think so! But I might have to use a "wood ash" glaze! :cool:

rsser
23rd February 2011, 05:29 PM
Still using a carbide bit for those ?

RETIRED
23rd February 2011, 06:05 PM
Still using a carbide bit for those ?Not on these.

My normal roughing gouge which is one these:http://www.packardwoodworks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=packard&Product_Code=104095L&Category_Code=00-aspec-ht24 i but ground to a thumbnail shape.

On semi green stuff I find I can get a 1/2" cut with this and really remove stuff.

No shavings just chips or mulch.:D

texx
23rd February 2011, 06:36 PM
i would be rigging up a 3inch electric pencil auger to shift that lot from point A to B .
or one of those suck blow guns with a long hose on it.

NeilS
23rd February 2011, 10:04 PM
My normal roughing gouge which is one these:Packard Woodworks: The Woodturner's Source: Henry Taylor Long Handle 1-3/4" Shallow Gouge (http://www.packardwoodworks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=packard&Product_Code=104095L&Category_Code=00-aspec-ht24)

Nice looking piece of kit with a decent handle.

RETIRED
23rd February 2011, 10:20 PM
The problem with them as all big chisels is the tang.

It actually bends and eventually breaks on our sort of work so we knock the handles off and weld a steel one on.

RETIRED
23rd February 2011, 10:23 PM

can you explain how it will be attached to the deck surface?

I'm also curious about what type of paint or finish will be applied or will that job be your client's responsibility?It will be sliced up and then attached to a backing probably by glue.

We use NC lacquer.

Sawdust Maker
24th February 2011, 07:52 AM

It actually bends and eventually breaks on our sort of work so we knock the handles off and weld a steel one on.

That would be fun to pick up on a cold morning :no:

RETIRED
24th February 2011, 08:38 AM
That would be fun to pick up on a cold morning :no:We are tough down south.:D

NeilS
24th February 2011, 10:06 AM

Even 'betterer'....:D

Mike Busby
24th February 2011, 12:39 PM
Mate I should have sent you down the mongrel scrub turkey that decided he wanted all of my mulch in one corner of the yard. Over 3 months it was a constant struggle and on more than one occasion threatened to drag the .410 out of retirement.

He would have shifted that lot overnight but unfortunately for him - but great for me he picked on a car carrier semi and came off second best. :no:

Hmm maybe a conveyer belt into a skip could be the go.

RETIRED
24th February 2011, 12:57 PM
We used to have a 5 metre skip that the dust extractors fed but it was costing nearly a $100 a week to have it emptied.

So now we bag it and people pick it up for the garden or horse paddocks.

tea lady
24th February 2011, 04:42 PM
Mate I should have sent you down the mongrel scrub turkey that decided he wanted all of my mulch in one corner of the yard.
:think: Now that would be hndy! But I bet it would want it in the wrong corner of the shed? :doh:

( might reckon he already has a turkey to shift his shavings!:dunce: :C)

Paul39
25th February 2011, 06:49 AM
We used to have a 5 metre skip that the dust extractors fed but it was costing nearly a $100 a week to have it emptied.

So now we bag it and people pick it up for the garden or horse paddocks.

I am glad to see all that organic matter put to good use.

15 years ago one of my neighbors complained to the city that I did not cut my grass to suit the neighbor. I grubbed up the grass and covered the entire lot with leaves gathered each fall, and shavings from turning. I have hedge, bamboo and flowers planted in rock enclosures.

No mowing of grass.

I have not heard one peep from the city or the anonymous complainer.

rsser
25th February 2011, 04:37 PM
LOL.

Neat.

Most of my chips gets spread on the 'lawn' where it breaks down surprisingly quickly.

Some species like Cypress go into the green waste recycling bin.

The surplus I've been putting in bags on the nature strip labelled 'free mulch' and it's been taken quickly until recently. No idea why.

I gather that to compost it some element needs to be added. Not sure which.

NeilS
26th February 2011, 01:21 PM
I gather that to compost it some element needs to be added. Not sure which.

50% carbon matter (eg sawdust)
50% nitrogenous matter (eg. fresh green grass clippings)

rsser
26th February 2011, 01:27 PM
Ah; thanks Neil.

Plenty of grass clippings at this time.

tea lady
26th February 2011, 08:36 PM
50% carbon matter (eg sawdust)
50% nitrogenous matter (eg. fresh green grass clippings):hmm: Don't think 's lawn is big enough!