PDA

View Full Version : Chisel holders

Sawdust Maker
14th March 2011, 10:07 AM
I've been planning on making something to take the extra chisels as they breed and soon overflowed my original holder (which I will revamp at some stage. as it is full)

Anyway Skew made a comment in another thread, sometime ago, about dust and shavings building up, so I came up with this using some old water pipe and a have-a-go cricket stump.

The piccies tell the story

164136 164137 164138

I had thought of putting a bit of plastic tubing over the screws to negate possible damage to the end of the handles - not sure it's needed.

One thing - it's a good idea to use a finer blade on the bandsaw when cutting pipe then I did. :doh:

Christos
14th March 2011, 12:45 PM
Nice.

How offen do they breed? Can you not have them fix.

wheelinround
14th March 2011, 01:13 PM
:lolabove:

Nick inbreeding can causes deformities so I suggest new gene pooling often Trend Open day this weekend for a New P&N:U

ticklingmedusa
14th March 2011, 02:40 PM
nice :D

mkypenturner
14th March 2011, 02:59 PM
looks ok from here
although there is another way i have plenty of room on my waal in my shed for them :D:D

Sawdust Maker
14th March 2011, 10:31 PM
Christos

they seem to breed anytime there is a working with wood show or an open day at Trend
They also breed by internet order and forum group purchases and ... and ...

Ray

doubt whether I'll get out there this weekend - too much on

Troy

thanks for the storage offer :no:

wheelinround
15th March 2011, 09:29 AM
shall I SMS you the specials your missing out on.

Paul39
15th March 2011, 11:53 AM
I've been planning on making something to take the extra chisels as they breed and soon overflowed my original holder (which I will revamp at some stage. as it is full)

I had thought of putting a bit of plastic tubing over the screws to negate possible damage to the end of the handles - not sure it's needed.
:doh:

Very nice, I think I would have put tubing on the screws for those pretty handles.

All but one of mine (Crown 1/2 inch bowl gouge) are old second and third hand tools or home made. My home made ones are turned from discarded table legs or from the wood pile, sanded with 80 grit and given a rub with linseed or tung oil.

Ed Reiss
15th March 2011, 01:00 PM
Good work-up, Nick!

Do they breed at night when everyone is asleep, or do they shamefully do it in light of day so everyone can watch?!?!:B

hughie
16th March 2011, 12:17 AM
I am looking to make a carousel type on wheels so I can move it around, job number 3492........ give or take a couple of hundred:U

Ozkaban
16th March 2011, 08:22 AM
nice execution Nick. might need a few extra spares for future breeding programs :D

Cheers,
Dave

ticklingmedusa
16th March 2011, 03:31 PM
Nice.

How offen do they breed? Can you not have them fix.

funniest comment ever.
actually the whole thread made me chuckle :D:2tsup:

Sawdust Maker
16th March 2011, 03:44 PM
Good work-up, Nick!

Do they breed at night when everyone is asleep, or do they shamefully do it in light of day so everyone can watch?!?!:B

Can't rightly say but I do know money changes hands :o [or should it be nudge nudge :;:;]

Ed Reiss
16th March 2011, 09:45 PM
Can't rightly say but I do know money changes hands :o [or should it be nudge nudge :;:;]

...turned wooden coins ?????