PDA

View Full Version : WWW show man turning balls

benupton
22nd March 2011, 07:52 PM
Hi there,
Wondering if any one knows who the man turning perfect balls was. Just after his name so I can search a video or a web page. At the melbourne show he was next to a man selling veneer. Any help??
Regards Ben

John T
22nd March 2011, 08:09 PM
HI ben the man turning balls was it guilio marcolongo
john

Jim Carroll
22nd March 2011, 08:16 PM
Or it could have been Theo Haralampou as he turns big balls

WOODY70
22nd March 2011, 10:13 PM
Hi there,
Wondering if any one knows who the man turning perfect balls was. Just after his name so I can search a video or a web page. At the melbourne show he was next to a man selling veneer. Any help??
Regards Ben
The man was Theo Haralampou.
www.woodturner.com.au (http://www.woodturner.com.au)

Cheers
Dave:D

benupton
23rd March 2011, 08:12 AM
Thanks all, I looked on his web page but the instructions are confusing and I cant find a video.

WOODY70
23rd March 2011, 08:39 AM
Thanks all, I looked on his web page but the instructions are confusing and I cant find a video.
He doesn't have a video.

All you can do is send him an email and ask for direction. He is very busy at present preparing for Turnfest.
He will be at the www in Melbourne.

Cheers
Dave

joe greiner
23rd March 2011, 10:12 PM
The instructions will be less confusing if you draw a cartoon of the steps, and it doesn't have to be very precise.

I think the key to his technique is use of the Stebb centres and index head. At Step 15, the groove would obliterate the divots of an ordinary centre, whereas the ring of the Stebb centre (and its footprint from the first mounting) enables precise re-mounting in Step 16.

If the re-mounting of Step 13 fails the test of Step 14, select another pair of [centre points,] and try again.

He doesn't state it specifically, but the assumption is you've previously turned the cup drive and cup live centre. If you make these conical instead of perfectly spherical, they can accommodate a range of sphere sizes.

Just in case he doesn't have time to respond right now.

Cheers,
Joe