PDA

View Full Version : Turnfest 2011

ravna
26th March 2011, 08:49 AM
Hi Guys

Can anyone shed any light as to what is happening at Turnfest?

The website is hopeless....it still tells you to come back later to see the details.

cheers

John M

Cliff Rogers
26th March 2011, 09:34 AM
Send a message to this bloke. :wink:
WOODY70 (http://www.woodworkforums.com/members/6594-woody70/)

ravna
26th March 2011, 09:58 AM
Yeah thanks Cliff.....ended up ringing a number from the website....got this very abrupt response 'if you haven't paid, we don't accept day visitors'.

Nothing on the website indicated, to me at least, that it is a register and pay or we don't want you type of event.

Cheers

John M

Cliff Rogers
26th March 2011, 10:10 AM
Ooooo.... :oo:
It costs money & time to organise & run those things, they aren't provided by a government dept as a public service.

ravna
26th March 2011, 10:24 AM
Fully accept that....was expecting and quite willing to have to pay for the privilege of being a day visitor.

Saw quite a few comments on the forum about 'see you at Turnfest' so assumed was was a 'turn-up on the day' type of show.:?

John M

dai sensei
27th March 2011, 06:25 PM
It was a great event and I'll post some photos under a separate thread soon. This event is booked out usually booked out months in advance, get in early now for next year, it is the 10 year anniversery next year and sure to be a big one :2tsup:

WOODY70
28th March 2011, 08:45 PM
Hi Guys

Can anyone shed any light as to what is happening at Turnfest?

The website is hopeless....it still tells you to come back later to see the details.

cheers

John M
Hello John M.

Please note all the details of the 2011 event was explained on the web site in full.

The part of the website that stated to come back for more details was noted for the 2012 Event.

I am sorry if I was abrupt however I did explain that the event is not open to day visitors. it never has been. I did state that you must be registered to attend and that it cost $475-00 to attend.

Please note all this is stated on the first page of the website.
I have not put any of the details on the site in regards to Turnfest Masters 2012 because it was only released to the 2011 delegates on Saturday Lunch of the weekend just gone.

Please understand and read things fully before judging people or organisations.

Regards
David
Organiser of Turnfest and the guy you spoke to on the phone.

ravna
29th March 2011, 10:00 AM
Hi David

You have the advantage of me as I cannot bring up the web pages to enable me reassess my perception of the content.

My first and lasting impression of the main page from memory was a call for presenters, and this was reinforced, to me, by the statement, 'only x places left'. Obviously this was wrong, but as I said, without access to the page I am unable to rectify this first impression.

Maybe there was a degree of ambiguity in the page, it certainly gave me the wrong impression.
If after reviewing the page I am wrong, then I will apologise.

Cheers

John M

Jim Carroll
29th March 2011, 02:05 PM
John this may be the one (http://www.tymba.com.au/) you are referring to

Bruce did have access for day visitors at his show but that was late last year

The web site now is asking for resumes from local woodturners etc.

Most shows like this do not usually allow for day visitors as it affects their insurance.

ravna
29th March 2011, 05:39 PM
Thanks for that Jim

Cheers

John M

WOODY70
29th March 2011, 09:37 PM
Hi David

You have the advantage of me as I cannot bring up the web pages to enable me reassess my perception of the content.

My first and lasting impression of the main page from memory was a call for presenters, and this was reinforced, to me, by the statement, 'only x places left'. Obviously this was wrong, but as I said, without access to the page I am unable to rectify this first impression.

Maybe there was a degree of ambiguity in the page, it certainly gave me the wrong impression.

Cheers

John M
Hello Again John,

I am sorry but the website is currently down due to the usual frustrating problems asscoiated with hosting companies.
Whenever they uprgade or service servers they seem to drop the ball with the websites they host.

Hopefully it will not be long and you can cast an eye over the site.

I have NOT altered the site in any way.

Regards
David

WOODY70
30th March 2011, 08:20 PM
Hi David

Cheers

John M

Website is up John.
Please check it over.
Cheers
Dave