PDA

View Full Version : I need a chuck insert made??

HSS
30th March 2011, 10:56 PM
Hi,

I've just posted this on th emetal work forum as well but thought it might help to post it here to:

I'm after someone to turn a chuck insert/spindle adaptor for my wood lathe. I'm in Adelaide. I was going to get Vermec to make it but apparently it was too big for them to do.

The female end needs to be 2in by 4.5 TPI, the male end needs to be an M45 thread.

If anyone knows of someone who can do this and do it well, please let me know. I need it ASAP and it needs to be high quality as I'll be using it everyday as a professional turner. I can provide a face plate for the female thread to be matched to.

Thanks.

NeilS
1st April 2011, 07:00 PM
Staff at TAFE SA school of Mech Engineering at Panorama and Regency Park campuses may be able to advise or may even have students who could do it as project, perhaps.

bobsreturn2003
1st April 2011, 11:25 PM
sounds like a serious machine:2tsup: cheers Bob . whats the lathes main use?cheers Bob

HSS
3rd April 2011, 11:22 PM
Cheers for the TAFE suggestion Neil. Vernec has found someone who can do it, thankfully. I'll consider TAFE for next time though.

Bob, I'm using it for all kinds of turning really. I guess I'd like to get something smaller eventually as it can be a bit unweildy (very versatile though).

greyhound
7th April 2011, 01:01 PM
I have a similar problem with a old coronet flat bed lathe with an unusual spindle thread (11/16x11 tpi).
I want to get and insert taped so i can use a vicmarc chuck.
Since reading this post i to have been in contact with Enzo at Vermec who was very helpful and indicated they may be able to thread an insert, have sent off sample female thread for them to match.:U