PDA

View Full Version : Treadle lathe anyone?

RETIRED
9th April 2011, 12:46 PM
http://www.manytracks.com/lathe/lathe.pdf

tea lady
9th April 2011, 01:41 PM
:2tsup: Saved! :cool: Now all I need is another round tuit! :rolleyes:

orraloon
9th April 2011, 05:31 PM
Thanks for that .
One of those has been on my to do list fot a while. Dont know why when I have a perfectly good lathe already? I just like the idea of it. I have a couple of plans in woodwork books already but I seldom build anything as per one plan only. I will pick the bits I like from a few sources.
Regards
John

hughie
10th April 2011, 06:27 PM
thanks, but no thanks. I like my technology electrified :U

Michael Spain
11th April 2011, 01:00 AM
Hi , very good tutorial, especially for those that love this ancient tools, I have mine that is a copy of the one that Leonardo DaVinci designed in 1495 (year more or less), greetings.:roll:

Ed Reiss
12th April 2011, 12:33 PM
Just what I need ...if i was in my 20's again. "Course that ain't likely to happen any time soon, but when I DO win the lotto am goin' to spring for a complete head to toe body rejuvination, so that I can start turnin' again :q:U:D:D

RETIRED
12th April 2011, 12:47 PM
Good to see you in here again Ed.:D

Ed Reiss
12th April 2011, 12:49 PM
TU...feeling half way decent today.

Jim Carroll
12th April 2011, 01:47 PM
So gunna change the long bed one to treadle.

RETIRED
12th April 2011, 03:18 PM
Yeah.:rolleyes:

andrewr79
12th April 2011, 10:34 PM
I'm so very tempted. Haven't touched a lathe since I was about 10, under my grandfathers careful guidance of course but have been wanting to have a go at one....do you think metal wheels would work? I am hoping I recall correctly and have two totally flat faced once about the perfect sizes sitting with my gym gear in the garage!

orraloon
14th April 2011, 11:34 PM
Metal wheels are ok. This is a treadle that my dad was going to restore. I remember it in my grandads workshop in working condition but then it lay in bits in a shed for about 40 years. Anyhow dad never finished the project and an americian bought the old homestead. Shortly after the old building with the workshop burned down. Mind you that wheel is probably still ok.
A good heavy wheel is the thing for momentum.
Regards
John