PDA

View Full Version : Mobilcer-M liquid sealing wax

lacewood
5th December 2004, 04:39 PM
Hi all!

For years now I have been happily sloshing Mobilcer-M onto the ends of all my chunks of wood before putting them away in the shed to season. However a trip to the local Mobil dealer last week turned sour when the chap behind the counter informed us that Mobil no longer supply this product. Is this realy so or was he just suffering a bout of the " I can't be bothered" ?

:eek:

Baz
5th December 2004, 07:59 PM
Lacewood, I don't know, however if there is a Caltex dealer nearby try them, they have a similar product called Timber Sealer.
Cheers
Barry

lacewood
5th December 2004, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the reply! No we don't have an agent here but I think we can work around that now that I know such a product exists.

:)

smidsy
5th December 2004, 08:46 PM
Most people I know use Endcheck, available from Carbatec and other places.
Apparently its also available from the BP as my turning club gets it from there so give your local BP depot a call.
Cheers
Paul

lacewood
5th December 2004, 09:50 PM
The Mobil product was way much cheaper than Endcheck :D
Especially when all wood working supplies worth buying are via mail order here!

OUCH!

:)

BrianR
6th December 2004, 08:56 AM
Your supplier is correct. Mobilcer-M is no longer available, it has been renamed to Mobilcer-195 and I bought some from the mobil depot in Yarraville the other day. Cost about $65 for 18kg drum. :D

barnsey
6th December 2004, 10:09 AM
BrianR is correct.

If you look up Mobilcer 195 on a search engine you should find the mobil TDS & MSD sheets on the mobil web site.

Jamie

lacewood
7th December 2004, 03:20 AM
Thank you all for your replies. I now have some of the BP "Log end sealer" product number 239446 on order. (The BP technical helpline was most helpful) Had ordered it just prior to reading the prev reply about the Mobilcer 195.

It is amazing how helpful suppliers become when you can rock up up with a product number etc. and tell them that yes, it realy does exist and people are able to buy said product elsewere in Aust. :rolleyes:

:D