PDA

View Full Version : Trying to do Photos.

issatree
22nd April 2011, 08:45 PM
Hi All,
Having another go at this Photo Game.
These are a couple of Drop Spindles that I made from a Ladies piece of Huon Pine She bought in Tassie, with Leather Wood as well.
I hope to have approx 30 of this type for the upcoming Australian Sheep & Wool Show in July at Bendigo, Vic.
Believe it or not I Turn & Finish most of my work at 3000 RPM. I find it so much easier. The writing is done with an Artline 200 Black .04 Felt Tip, & will not come off with any of the Finishes, but EEE will remove it.
I Sign, Date & Wood Type everything as I'm proud of My Work & some even go Overseas.
The finish is Sanded mainly with Rhynowet Redline Paper to 1200G then some EEE & Glow.
In the background you can see my Magnet Strip. Quite Strong.
Bought them from Bunnings @ $10 ea. I hang a few different things to it. Also some small tools & No.1 MT Drills. I picked them up at our Sun. Market, at about $1ea. I also have the 2 to 1 MT Holder.

David Mitchell
22nd April 2011, 09:09 PM
Hi Isatree,

They look great .I have been looking at making these spindles as well for the ladies at the craft camp at Halls Gap last week.:wink:
I had them making pens and needle cases.:cool:

Are you going to Horsham next Saturday:?Will see you there if you are attending
Regard
David:2tsup:

issatree
22nd April 2011, 09:37 PM
Hi David,
Yes we are both going, & hope the Van makes it.
Did 1 of the Craft Camps at Glenormiston, Vic. many years ago, & it was a real buzz teaching the Group, how to make a Pen or Spurtle.