PDA

View Full Version : Beech pot with lid

Ad de Crom
29th April 2011, 07:01 PM
This week I've dealt with the request of my future son-in-law Remco, in order to make a pot with lid, for fire lighters for the stove in his renovated farmhouse.
Do this using my stock square beech wooden beams, this wood is bone dry, which is good to know if you want a tight lid.
The fitting edge of lid and the pot is slightly tapered so that the lid shut and goes off with a plop.
The diameter is 127mm, and the total height is 230mm. Finished with three layers of acrylic paint.
Regards, Ad

_fly_
29th April 2011, 08:44 PM
Zeer mooi werk (very nice work). Hij moet blij zijn

orificiam
30th April 2011, 12:05 AM
Congratulation Ad another job well done.:2tsup: I'm sure Remco will be very happy to receive it.
Cheers Tony.:):)

artme
30th April 2011, 08:52 AM
Another fine piece there Ad!!:):):)

wheelinround
30th April 2011, 10:24 AM
Ad interesting lid design with the segmentation was it done seperate or part of the whole piece?

:2tsup:

hughie
30th April 2011, 02:09 PM
A simple form well executed, some darn fine glues lines to boot, well done Ad :2tsup:

bowl-basher
30th April 2011, 06:16 PM
an other top piece of work..... we know when the nice weather is in Holland .... Ad produces all these masterpieces

well done mate

Ad de Crom
30th April 2011, 06:32 PM
Ad interesting lid design with the segmentation was it done seperate or part of the whole piece?

:2tsup:
Thanks Ray, the lid was done seperately, lot of glueing :o
Ad

Ad de Crom
30th April 2011, 06:35 PM
Zeer mooi werk (very nice work). Hij moet blij zijn
Dank je wel Fly, gebeurd niet dikwijls dat ik hier eens wat in het Nederlands kan schrijven :2tsup:
Groetjes, Ad

Ad de Crom
30th April 2011, 06:46 PM
an other top piece of work..... we know when the nice weather is in Holland .... Ad produces all these masterpieces

well done mate
Thanks Graham, don't always turning wood into a T-shirt and shorts, but right now with the door wide open :D
Cheers, Ad