PDA

View Full Version : Solitary game

Michael Spain
1st May 2011, 08:46 AM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_W_qEfzcGpMQ/TbRg7g_qveI/AAAAAAAAADU/L7WvwjY8kHA/SOLITARIO.jpg

Hello everyone, this is a called SOLITARY game, at least for this name we know it here, since it is to play the only one, the wood is called a mulberry, I ignore his translation or equivalence in Australia, she is semi-hard and much used for the construction of doors and balconies, the adornments that the game has are of The Hague and Tulip ( a timber of green color), it has a diameter of 25 cm. and the box, it takes in the low part an adornment of thread of bronze, has no varnish, it is finished by sandpaper until one used grain 5000, I hope that they should like, shortly I will raise other works that I am doing.( excusme my english, is not very good ).:no:

coffenup
1st May 2011, 09:37 AM
that's great looking:2tsup:
and it was strange I woke up at 3 this morning thinking how to make one these games was trying to remember how to do the holes with the router so I can take one camping with me
regards Michael

Christos
1st May 2011, 11:09 AM
Very nicely made. :2tsup:

crowie
1st May 2011, 11:54 AM
G'Day "Michael Spain",
I've made quite a few "SOLITARE" boards for friends & my for wife to give to people for "fine motor" relearning.
I made up a template on cardboard, then mark out the timber and use a large countersink drill to make the holes.
Most of my boards aren't as fancy as yours.
Cheers, Crowie

Tankstand
1st May 2011, 06:25 PM
Good work Michael! Very nice.

Coffenup, I use a corebox bit the same radius as the Marbles (http://www.woodworkforums.com/members/1917-tankstand/albums/xmas-presents/)

artme
1st May 2011, 08:16 PM
Nicely done Miguel!!:2tsup::2tsup::):)

That would satisfy any recipient!

Sawdust Maker
1st May 2011, 10:02 PM
Nice

and I think I made my last version 30 years ago :doh:

I probably should do another - but can't rush these things

Michael Spain
2nd May 2011, 06:08 AM
G'Day "Michael Spain",
I've made quite a few "SOLITARE" boards for friends & my for wife to give to people for "fine motor" relearning.
I made up a template on cardboard, then mark out the timber and use a large countersink drill to make the holes.
Most of my boards aren't as fancy as yours.
Cheers, Crowie

Hi Crowie, the holes for the marbles, did I do them with a router, but a detail, you have to do them when the wooden piece is squared, OK?:;

crowie
2nd May 2011, 08:37 AM
Hi Crowie, the holes for the marbles, did I do them with a router, but a detail, you have to do them when the wooden piece is squared, OK?:;
Thanks Michael, Appreciate your assistance.
Cheers, Crowie

PS - Did you see the Australian NSW Gymnastic Display Squad at last years Blume Festival??

orificiam
2nd May 2011, 09:41 PM
Hi Michael, A beautiful job congratulation.
Cheers Tony.:2tsup: