PDA

View Full Version : Needled

Ed Reiss
14th May 2011, 12:02 PM
The LOML has taken up knitting, and of course, is stocking up on needles...I don't really see a need for having a couple hundred needles on hand, but what do I know :no:

So she sees this laminated birch, metal tipped set in a mag and gives me permission to buy them for her...It's only $89, hon, she cooed sweetly. I'm sunk, shes ecstatic. The set came today. Gotta admit they are nice colors and the turnings are spot on.

I just hope she never takes up elephant taming:roll:

Sorry 'bout the out of focus pic...it reflects how I'm feeling at this moment.:C

wheelinround
14th May 2011, 02:20 PM
Ed know the feeling

I can see are thinking all those $$$ no lathe :C
Ed what you need is a miniature lathe turn tiny gobblets etc keep your hand in

my problem
"hey now you have a lathe you can make me knitting needles, crochet hooks dha dha dha."

jefferson
14th May 2011, 06:24 PM
Ed,

Sorry to hear of your dilemma.

Just be thankful the good wife didn't take up lace work. All those bobbins would have kept you very very busy.

Ed Reiss
15th May 2011, 07:17 PM
Ed know the feeling

I can see are thinking all those $$$ no lathe :C
Ed what you need is a miniature lathe turn tiny gobblets etc keep your hand in

my problem
"hey now you have a lathe you can make me knitting needles, crochet hooks dha dha dha."

Ray, once I get over this rough spot, I plan on getting a mini or midi just to keep a hand in for small stuff...Annie has already mentioned that an ebony set of needles would sure be nice. So, I said "Wish in one hand and ......................." that's when she batted me across the head :o

Jeff...if she ever does that lace thing, I'm running away from home...get the guest room ready!!!!

wheelinround
16th May 2011, 09:11 AM
Ray, once I get over this rough spot, I plan on getting a mini or midi just to keep a hand in for small stuff...Annie has already mentioned that an ebony set of needles would sure be nice. So, I said "Wish in one hand and ......................." that's when she batted me across the head :o

Jeff...if she ever does that lace thing, I'm running away from home...get the guest room ready!!!!

Yep I et that too :slap2:

Lace Bobbin's Sue ended up making some herself out of good quality chopsticks carved them round and to suit what a friend wanted :D saved me turning them.

Old Croc
16th May 2011, 01:55 PM
Annie has already mentioned that an ebony set of needles would sure be nice. So, I said "Wish in one hand and ......................." that's when she batted me across the head :o

Ed, tell me the sizes and I will bring the ebony blanks over with me,
regards,
Crocy.

Ed Reiss
17th May 2011, 08:51 PM
Good deal, Crocy :U
OK...just a small blank should do for a couple of needles, say 25cm x 25cm x 3 meters :U

Seriously though...no need. A generous offer, but at this point it's doubtful that I'll be getting back to turning anytime soon.

Will keep in touch by e-mail.