PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Card

silentC
14th December 2004, 10:50 AM
Here is our 2004 Christmas card. It's just a bit of fun for the kids. SWMBO was a very good sport letting me cast her as a fire-breathing dragon. It's not true of course.

HappyHammer
14th December 2004, 10:55 AM
"I like it a lot" :D

craigb
14th December 2004, 11:02 AM
Very Good.

I didn't realise how much you looked like Darren Lehmen :eek: :D

Termite
14th December 2004, 11:05 AM
Shrilent, you are fugly. Merry Xmas to you and yours. :D :D

silentC
14th December 2004, 11:05 AM
We have the same hairdresser ;)

The missus thought it was very funny the other day when she heard Gilly call out 'nice bowling Shrek'. I don't have his waistline but I'm working on it :D

bitingmidge
14th December 2004, 11:19 AM
SWMBO was a very good sport letting me cast her as a fire-breathing dragon. It's not true of course.

So how'd you find a dragon of the non-fire breathing variety??

Hang on - if it's not true....how'd all your hair get singed off??

Nice card though!

:D :D :D
P

silentC
14th December 2004, 11:25 AM
I should point out that photo has been digitally retouched. Those are not my real ears :D

Wood Borer
14th December 2004, 11:58 AM
Disappointing not to see a foil hat. ;)

Merry Christmas to the family Darren.

Iain
14th December 2004, 04:22 PM
Now we know where you live, that is your place in the background isn't it?
What programme did you use for that?
Foil hats are only good to 120C, dragons are much hotter, I should know, I had a mother in law :(

silentC
14th December 2004, 04:28 PM
Nah, that's the in-law's place. Our joint got burned down when the good wife sneezed the other day.

It's Adobe Photoshop - the choice of the professional, even available for the Macintosh, or so I believe ;)

I had to give up the foil hat, it was overheating my brain.

Wongo
14th December 2004, 04:43 PM
Merry Xmas mate.

vsquizz
14th December 2004, 06:21 PM
even available for the Macintosh, or so I believe ;) .
You just had to bring that up didn't you

Silent...your a smelly ogre and you hang around with a donkey

So Merry Christmas to you and your dragon (lets).

Cheers

ozwinner
14th December 2004, 06:28 PM
Brilliant card.

Al :D

Sturdee
14th December 2004, 06:32 PM
Very clever.

Peter.

graemet
14th December 2004, 07:53 PM
Very well done, Silent. One of these days I'll learn to be clever with this %#@$*&#$ computer like you.
Christmas cheers to all you woodies.
Graeme

journeyman Mick
14th December 2004, 10:20 PM
Love it! :D :D :D Have a wonderful Christmas!

Mick

DaveInOz
15th December 2004, 09:51 AM
HA !

brilliant in conception and execution.

AlexS
15th December 2004, 12:24 PM
Bingle jells & a happy Christmas to the Silents and all on this forum.
Yo ho ho!

ozwinner
15th December 2004, 05:04 PM
Silent.

Good to see your family on the card, pity you didnt put your own mug on it too.

Al :D

silentC
15th December 2004, 05:08 PM
I know it's hard to believe that someone could be THAT handsome and youthful, and yet be so wise in the ways of the world. :D

RETIRED
15th December 2004, 06:01 PM
I know it's hard to believe that someone could be THAT handsome and youthful, and yet be so wise in the ways of the world. :D
Where's me gumboots and the shovel??? :D

ribot
22nd December 2004, 11:54 AM
Gumboots and shovel or should that be vaseline? Ho, ho, ho.

Merry xmas to one and all.

Geoff Dean
26th January 2005, 12:58 PM
Silent C

Photoshop was created for the Mac, (Like most good computer programs.) :p :p :p :p

silentC
27th January 2005, 09:25 AM
Geez that took long enough. I guess the other Mac user either missed the post or decided not to bite ;)

Iain
27th January 2005, 09:32 AM
Mac users:

Geoff Dean
27th January 2005, 09:45 AM
Normally Mac users don't have to bite, we know that we are better, however as I am currently sleep deprived due to new addition, you caught me in a weakened moment.
I will now revert too my previous state of just sitting here and smirking to myself whenever I read posts complaining about all things PC. :D :D :D :p :p :p

bitingmidge
27th January 2005, 09:48 AM
Geez that took long enough. I guess the other Mac user either missed the post or decided not to bite ;)

Smirk.

:p :p :p
P

Iain
27th January 2005, 10:09 AM
I remember years ago when I went to a job with my Mac laptop I was asked if they have windows yet :D :D :D

Geoff Dean
27th January 2005, 10:31 AM
A bit like or the hoopla when windows 95 came out.
The big joke in the printing industry was: Windows 95--Mac 75. :D :D :D

silentC
27th January 2005, 11:04 AM
There used to be this ad on TV for an alcoholic beverage (can't remember, maybe Cinzano or a type of Vodka) where as things moved behind the bottle, they turned into something more exotic, like say a woman in a suit and as the bottle moves over her, she's in lingerie. You know what I mean. There was a similar picture put around a few years ago with the same bottle only it was moving over the Windows XP logo and through the bottle it was MAC OS. Tried to find it on the net but I gave up.

I don't know whether that means you have to get drunk to use a Mac or what. Sounds like a good excuse to me though.

Geoff Dean
27th January 2005, 11:29 AM
Who needs an excuse to use a Mac?

The are the worlds best kept secret, and only a very select group of us know it, though occasionally when we are feeling benevolent, we do try to inform the uniformed masses, even though they continually denigrate us and our beloved computers.

I must not let SWMBO know about this, she says I need to get off my soapbox, get a life and not worship a box of plastic as if it is a demigod, but I know that this one time, she is wrong.

(She has admitted to once being wrong, she thought she had made a mistake, as it turns out she hadn't) :D :D :D :D :D :D

Termite
27th January 2005, 11:32 AM
Drunk on Cinzano or vodka and peeking through windows at women in underwear (cant spell longer... lunger... panties) sounds good to me :rolleyes: :D

craigb
27th January 2005, 11:33 AM
Who needs an excuse to use a Mac?

The are the worlds best kept secret, and only a very select group of us know it, though occasionally when we are feeling benevolent, we do try to inform the uniformed masses, even though they continually denigrate us and our beloved computers.

I must not let SWMBO know about this, she says I need to get off my soapbox, get a life and not worship a box of plastic as if it is a demigod, but I know that this one time, she is wrong.

(She has admitted to once being wrong, she thought she had made a mistake, as it turns out she hadn't) :D :D :D :D :D :D

No no, she's right. :rolleyes: