PDA

View Full Version : Free Camphor Laurel Wood

Geraldine
6th Jun 2011, 04:09 PM
My sister-in-law and her husband have felled a huge old CL and want it gone. Located inner northside Brisbane. Take all or some.

PM or email me for details.

dai sensei
6th Jun 2011, 08:08 PM
PM sent

Robomanic
8th Jun 2011, 03:52 PM
Seeing double and though I was going a bit batty there for a second... copying my response accross from the other thread in the woodturning section.

Would be keen to take advantage of this generous offer, but have no chainsaw. I might be able to labour for someone who does have saw etc in return for a few chunks of my own? Long weekend coming up too. ...
Watching with interest.

robyn2839
8th Jun 2011, 10:31 PM
hi shannon, havent heard from you for years, hows it going?

Robomanic
9th Jun 2011, 06:40 PM
Went looking for excitement and adventure and moved to Queensland for work. Then to top things off we had our first child back in October last year, so enough excitement and adventure for everyone there :D I've been lurking around the toy making forum storing up ideas for his first birthday! I'm very close to getting the shed up and running again after four moves in the last 18months (all since coming to QLD) so Im very excited about that.

It's been great to be back on the forums, it's only recently I've had any time to spare for this let alone the real pursuit of actually making something!

Cheers,
Shan.

Wizened of Oz
9th Jun 2011, 07:33 PM
Had other things to do in Brisbane today so I took the opportunity to go and collect some of this Camphor laurel,
All that was trimmed from the tree had been cut into pieces and everything manageable barrowed to the front driveway. I picked a lot of the usable stuff from these piles. In the backyard the main body of the tree is still standing and I certainly would not attempt to fell it in someone else's property. The crowbar should give an idea of the size, but each trunk is about 600 diameter and you can see there is some piping. .
There were six large pieces in the backyard and by busting a gut I got two of these out to the street. Fortunately I'd taken a handtruck and straps and my little truck has a tailgate loader. But I left the four pieces in the photos for whoever comes along next. Excellent colour throughout all pieces, even the smallish branch pieces I picked up.
A big thankyou to Geraldine for letting us know about this wood.

dai sensei
9th Jun 2011, 10:16 PM
Empty your PM box please.

Wizened of Oz
10th Jun 2011, 08:20 AM
:? Me?
My Inbox has plenty of capacity.

Geraldine
10th Jun 2011, 09:49 AM
I'm glad it went to a good home.

Geraldine
24th Jun 2011, 05:56 PM
Last chance. There are still some useable pieces left and they have started burning it.

DutchEnglishFrenchGermanItalianPortugueseSpanish
Translated to other languages thanks to vB Enterprise Translator 4.7.1