PDA

View Full Version : Corzetti Pasta Tool

Monky
17th June 2011, 04:18 PM
Hello,

I'm just wondering if anyone would be able to help me. I'm looking at getting a Corzetti pasta tool made.

They look like this: Purchase classic pasta stamps from artisanalpastatools.com (http://www.artisanalpastatools.com/classic.shtml)

They're quite difficult to find and even more so in Australia so thought I would just investigate if anyone was willing to make them here instead. :)

There are two parts to it as you can see in the pictures, one side is used to cut a sheet of pasta into rounds, and the other side with the handle shape is used to emboss a design into the cut pasta rounds.

The embossing design isn't too much of a concern for me, so open to suggestions. The one on the link as "G" with the concentric circles and star in the middle is quite nice and simple.

If anyone can tell me if they are willing to help and give a quote or point me in the right direction of someone who might be able to help me I would greatly appreciate it. :)

Thank you!

RETIRED
17th June 2011, 06:34 PM
It would help if we knew what part of Australia.

Monky
18th June 2011, 10:29 AM
Sorry! :)
I'm in Brisbane.

thompy
18th June 2011, 12:11 PM
Interesting and simple enough, what diametre are the rounds usually? That would determine the overall size, looks like quite a simple project. The end grain embossing / carving in releif is something i don't know a thing about, kind of a second part to the project, i dont think it would be too hard to do in the turning aspect of the basic shape.

With a chatter tool you could create some quite pretty and detailed one off style embossing without the need to get relief hand carving tools i guess, depends on the purpose and the detail required.

If the size of the rounds are about 4-5cm it looks to be just a handle or knob with a stand to protect the embossed underside that can cut the rounds with its base. Or even have the cutter edge upside down when turned so it protects and captives the embossing and is itself protected. Essentially a lidded box, with an oversized lid, and not much internal space.

My missus might give me an odd look, however i enjoy seeing that result, might give this a go with some offcuts and see what happens.

Neal.

Monky
18th June 2011, 10:02 PM
The rounds are usually around 5cm in diameter. what you're describing sounds right. :)
would love to hear what the results are.

this is someone's blog post of a corzetti stamp in action with a recipe as well :)
The Italian Dish - Posts - Corzetti, Italian Pasta Discs (http://theitaliandishblog.com/imported-20090913150324/2010/1/29/corzetti-italian-pasta-discs.html)

I'm part of a little community of food enthusiasts in Brisbane and I think a few them would be interested to know how to get a stamp so they can make their own as well. :)

Farnk
18th June 2011, 10:16 PM
Hollow out the dish shaped one more and you could make round ravioli as well.
I might give this a go tomorrow.

Monky
21st June 2011, 01:49 AM
i feel like a bit of a cooking nerd right now but this is really exciting. lol

rodent
22nd June 2011, 09:24 PM
try the search and look for Had fun at Fun Valley OGYT made what the call biscuit cutters looks the same .

thompy
23rd June 2011, 04:04 PM
Monky, this w/e i should be able to start or at least try one out if i can find some suitable timber, if you can PM me your address i'll send you the result (i'll never use it or if i ever have a need for one i can make my own).

Neal.

robyn2839
24th June 2011, 04:42 PM
monky ,where abouts in brisbane are you? if you would like i can also knock you up one as well ,not too challenging.does the design go on both peices ie the pushing down bit ,plus the bottom bit with the cutter on the other end?............bob

thompy
25th June 2011, 12:56 AM
monky ,where abouts in brisbane are you? if you would like i can also knock you up one as well ,not too challenging.does the design go on both peices ie the pushing down bit ,plus the bottom bit with the cutter on the other end?............bob

Bob, on the second pic of the second link it looks to be a pattern on the top of the base, or the upper side of the cutter that the handle presses onto, so i'd say yes, though on some other shots it doesn't seem to have the same. An oddity perhaps where either is acceptable.

Neal.

Monky
18th July 2011, 05:30 PM
From what I can tell, sometimes there are tools which will print a pattern on both sides (not necessarily the same pattern), and others just print one pattern on one side.

thompy
23rd July 2011, 03:01 PM
Well i eventually got 'round to it...

I bought some Tassie Oak, as a DAR 42mm square, i figured it would be nice enough for this try. i finished it to 800, EEE and glow (both foodsafe finishes).

It was lovely wood to turn, the end result is about 40mm dia. I tried a small bit of chatter tool work, from a ground down hacksaw blade, however it didn't work as i wanted it to so i went with plain concentric circles. I allowed a bit of room on both pieces for the circles to be cut away if needs be.

I think it turned out ok.

Do you think it could find a home with you Monky?

Neal.

Monky
5th August 2011, 04:35 PM
Thank you~ :) I received the corzetti tool today. can't wait to try it out. looks great.

Will post my results once I give it a go :D Very exciting.

Thank you so much!

Byc
6th August 2011, 02:40 AM
I got a strawberry cheese cake recipe off the cooking site you put up. Looks soooo good. I have a family dinner every Sunday so this will be a nice treat for after.