PDA

View Full Version : Roger Waters

Grumpy John
6th July 2011, 08:05 PM
I scored 2 tickets for Roger Waters February concert at Rod Laver Arena, $230 each. The promoter must be making a bundle off the interest.

Jim Carroll
6th July 2011, 10:19 PM
We will see you there john looking forward to it.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
7th July 2011, 09:54 PM
And I'm gonna be busy then... :C

rotten_66
8th July 2011, 02:57 PM
Try to convince SWMBO/Minister of Finance that I really really need to go, but she just doesn't seem to get it,

Ron

Grumpy John
8th July 2011, 06:49 PM
Try to convince SWMBO/Minister of Finance that I really really need to go, but she just doesn't seem to get it,

Ron

You need to put your foot knee down, man.

:nonono::please2:

Waldo
8th July 2011, 09:54 PM
I've got a Platinum Reserved ticket for the first concert - nice and close. I paid for it dearly and was in the dog box all day. :doh:

Cannot wait. :woot:

Waldo
14th July 2011, 11:43 AM
Just had a phone call from Ticktec, they had to tell me my seat has been bumped off to make room for the stage set. :doh:

I had two options:

• Tuesday night up front in the Diamond mob jostling with every Tom, Dick and Harry; or

• Wednesday night section 18 in Platinum Reserved row E among the seats closest to stage.

I chose the later, I was originally the other side in 9.

I wanted to be at the first concert, but still I get to see a great great man play some classics. :cool:

FenceFurniture
18th July 2011, 12:02 PM
I wanted to be at the first concert, but still I get to see a great great man play some classics. :cool:

Nah, anything but the first Waldo. They can't iron out all the sound tweaks until the space is full of sound absorbing bodies.

Grumpy John
18th July 2011, 08:02 PM
These arrived by registered mail today :hpydans:, $458 for the pair.

Waldo
18th July 2011, 08:29 PM
Got my defunct tickets today too by registered post. The real one arrived last Friday. Maybe I could turn up for the Tuesday concert and try my luck with a seat that doesn't exist because of the stage stuff :think:

Now you started it Grumpy I'll have to post a shot of my lovely ticket tomorrow. :U

Jim Carroll
18th July 2011, 09:50 PM
Ours arrived today also

Come on Feb 2012:2tsup:

tea lady
18th July 2011, 11:09 PM
:saddest:

danny.s
19th July 2011, 12:51 AM
Got my tickets for Wednesday night. Cheap ones at $99 right up the back but it will still be absolutely awesome.

The Wall was my first ever album as a kid and it will always be my favourite. It's the one album that I can become completely engrossed in and connected to and just forget about everything for 81 minutes.

Can't wait!!

Danny

tea lady
20th July 2011, 09:40 AM
Got my tickets for Wednesday night. Cheap ones at $99 right up the back but it will still be absolutely awesome.

The Wall was my first ever album as a kid and it will always be my favourite. It's the one album that I can become completely engrossed in and connected to and just forget about everything for 81 minutes.

Can't wait!!

DannyHow do you get the cheap ones? The web site only seems to tell you about the expensive ones.

If anyone ever tells me that opera is too expensive to go to at least I will have this concert to point to.:rolleyes:

danny.s
23rd July 2011, 12:04 AM
Hey Tea Lady

I bought Bronze tickets - they were $99. As I said they are up the back but Rod Laver Arena isn't that big anyway.

Danny

Skew ChiDAMN!!
23rd July 2011, 01:30 AM
There, there, AM. :console: I'm sure we won't be missing anything special...

:kickcan:

Waldo
23rd July 2011, 10:41 AM
Except the best concert for a long time. :smokeing:

It's alright Skew I can give me the redundant ticket, just so you can hold in your hand while you sit in those loving arms half a world away on the night. :console:

Grumpy John
27th July 2011, 06:35 PM
I watched "In The Flesh" for the umpteenth time last night. Damn I'm looking forward to this concert.
A friend of mine saw it at Dublin's O2 in May this year, best show he's ever seen :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:.

‪Roger Waters - Mother (In the Flesh Live)‬‏ - YouTube

tea lady
28th July 2011, 01:23 AM
:grumble::tears::Q

Jim Carroll
28th July 2011, 10:29 AM
OOOOOOOOOOHHHH Grumpy you are so nasty to Anne Marie. Love it :2tsup:

Makes the hair on the back of your neck stick up , cant wait till feb.

Waldo
28th July 2011, 12:41 PM
I started looking at Youtube to work out where I would be relative to the stage and this is what I found.

‪Roger Waters The Wall - Is There Anybody Out There, Arena, Zagreb 13.4.2011‬‏ - YouTube

But I didn't watch anymore clips as I don't want to spoil the excitement on the night. :headbang:

tea lady
28th July 2011, 04:56 PM
That's it! I'm never talking to you guys again. :sob:

:p

Grumpy John
1st February 2012, 09:24 AM
Only 6 sleeps to go :2tsup:.

Waldo
1st February 2012, 09:52 AM
7 for me :woot:

Jim Carroll
1st February 2012, 12:35 PM
6 for me :2tsup:

danny.s
1st February 2012, 09:03 PM
7 sleeps for me. I've waited 25 years, 7 more days won't kill me.

Waldo
1st February 2012, 09:46 PM
Yeah, in '88 I was $20 shy of a ticket :doh2: and I'd just spent $40 on a 3 day pass to Expo '88.

danny.s
1st February 2012, 10:12 PM
In 88 I was 17 and more interested in a cute girl who went to expo 88 just after I met her. Got together straight after, married in 95, had some kids. Still together and still love Floyd. Can't wait till next week.

floody_85
1st February 2012, 10:14 PM
I am jealous!! I'm only 26 so never had the chance too see any part of Floyd. Id really like to see Dave Gilmour in concert.

danny.s
1st February 2012, 10:26 PM
Hey floody

I'm 40 and have never seen them live. You got a ticket to Waters?

Grumpy John
1st February 2012, 10:34 PM
I saw Pink Floyd play Festival Hall in Melbourne, must've been '71 or '72. It was pretty much the stuff on the live Umma Gumma CD. Absolutely brilliant concert, lightyears ahead of any band at the time (always were).

floody_85
1st February 2012, 10:50 PM
Hey floody

I'm 40 and have never seen them live. You got a ticket to Waters?

Nope lol. Money is pretty low being newly married and a mortgage haha. My concert money for last yr went to foo fighters. 2 days before the concert I got a really nasty virus that attacked my liver so I didn't even get to go to that!

danny.s
1st February 2012, 10:54 PM
Man that sucks. I heard the fooies were great. I know the feeling about the newly married and mortgage, my last concert was U2 and BB King in 1989!

floody_85
2nd February 2012, 06:31 AM
Man that sucks. I heard the fooies were great. I know the feeling about the newly married and mortgage, my last concert was U2 and BB King in 1989!

Lol that's a long time between drinks. I still haven't been able to listen to the fooies lol.

tea lady
2nd February 2012, 08:29 PM
Only 6 sleeps to go :2tsup:.

7 for me :woot:

6 for me :2tsup:I still hate you all! :grumble:

Waldo
2nd February 2012, 09:54 PM
6 more sleeps. :D

Grumpy John
2nd February 2012, 10:54 PM
I still hate you all! :grumble:

I'll lend you my Ipod Tea Lady, it has every Pink Floyd, Roger Waters, David Gilmour and Richard Wright CD on it. You can play it in the shed, I'm sure won't mind :D

Jim Carroll
3rd February 2012, 08:56 AM
I'll lend you my Ipod Tea Lady, it has every Pink Floyd, Roger Waters, David Gilmour and Richard Wright CD on it. You can play it in the shed, I'm sure won't mind :D

That would be really good, get to listen to some real classical music :D

tea lady
3rd February 2012, 09:16 AM
That would be really good, get to listen to some real classical music :DWe already listen to Pink floyd! :think: I think: I'm sure a song turned up on a random day once!

But I still wouldn't mind the ipod. I need to put something decent on my son's ipod. :C:rolleyes:

Grumpy John
8th February 2012, 12:11 AM
Just got home from the show, absolutely fan-bloody-tastic.

Waldo
8th February 2012, 09:01 AM
My turn to tonight, can't wait. :woot:

Jim Carroll
8th February 2012, 09:25 AM
Had a great night the CGI is very impressive we were looking straight at the stage and able to see the whole thing unfold.
It is amazing that all this was done 30 years ago and all the things are still relevent today.

Grumpy John
8th February 2012, 03:12 PM
It is amazing that all this was done 30 years ago and all the things are still relevent today.

Mother, should I trust the government...........:no:

Waldo
8th February 2012, 03:21 PM
Look Mommy, there's an aeroplane up in the sky...

danny.s
9th February 2012, 02:18 AM
It's 1:30 in the morning and I'm still processing what I witnessed tonight. I have waited 25 years to see "The Wall" and was a little concerned that I had built it up too much in my mind and may be disappointed. I was very very wrong. What an amazing concert. In fact concert is not a suitable word to describe it. This is nothing short of a theatrical experience. The music of course was awesome but it is this combined with the stunning visual effects that sets this apart.

Roger was great, his band were great, and unlike some aging singers he was not afraid to use his excellent backup singers to help out when needed. I loved "Mother", where he did a duet with his 30 year younger version of himself. "Run like Hell" was a crowd favourite as was "Part 2". My favourite song on the album is "Hey You" and as expected this was done from behind the wall, with some smart visuals to really give it feeling. Some powerful anti war messages delivered well and he stayed true to the original "Wall" concept, both metaphorically and literally. The visuals were nothing short of incredible, and cleverly used to disguise stage changes to keep you immersed in the experience.

I had a cheap seat right up the back corner, second last row, but the beauty of Rod Laver Arena is that every seat is a good one.

If you can see this one do it. If you can't get the DVD when it comes out and immerse yourself in the experience.

Danny

Jim Carroll
9th February 2012, 09:29 AM
Danny we were up in the nose bleed as well 3 rows from the top in the centre.

The great thing with that is you were able to see all the graphics easily, I pitied the poor buggers down the front who would have been like at a tennis match shifting all around to see what was going on.

GREAT SHOW, the blond is trying to get tickets to go and see again.

Even my young bloke who has seen a lot of concerts put this right up there with some of the best he has seen.

Rogers not bad voice for a 68 year old.

danny.s
9th February 2012, 09:37 AM
Agreed. We were in the corner so unfortunately one of the massive roof mounted speaker racks concealed the round screen a bit. This was only an issue for the first few minutes though until they started projecting onto the wall itself.

Waldo
9th February 2012, 09:26 PM
What an absolutely awesome blast. I has an absolute ball.

I was 5 rows back from the front, perpendicular right to the stage, that means I was flaming close. :cool: About 3m away from me was the Wall and when those fireworks went off, apart from being so close - it was pretty warm.

Roger would have been 12m or so away when he was in the centre of the stage and for one song in the second half (can't remember which one) he was no more than 4m away.

What a night. :woot:

The best song for me, was Comfortably Numb, then One of These Days. Unfortunately the later had lost a bit in translation with the band - but it was still a hoot.

While I was waiting to get in the door, a bloke sitting next to me, made the comment that everyone was pretty much from 40 up to 75 years old. We saw a few young kids, 15 or so.

This morning all my SWMBO asked was, "And was it worth $300?", "Yep:, I replied, "every cent."

I promised I wouldn't buy a shirt or a programme, I came close but I was good. Hopefully an album will be released from his world tour. :fingerscrossed:

Jack E
9th February 2012, 10:40 PM
I saw the show in Brisbane a few days ago, it was awesome.
My wife isn't a huge fan but reckons it was a well spent $600, she loved it.
I have been waiting a long time to see if and wasn't disappointed.

danny.s
9th February 2012, 10:50 PM
I bought a stubbie holder for $15 and a tour t-shirt for $50 (!) but I only go to a concert about every 20 years so I figured it was ok. Then as we left there were some somewhat unofficial looking blokes on the bridge selling other tshirts for $20 or two for $30.

Im still buzzing - great night.

danny.s
9th February 2012, 10:53 PM
Can't wait for the DVD.

tea lady
10th February 2012, 08:03 AM
:crymyeyesout: One of yous coulda bought me a t shirt or something! :saddest:

Will have to settle for the DVD! :C

danny.s
10th February 2012, 08:57 PM
http://rogerwaters.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/artist?sourceCode=RWAWEBAUAUD&artistName=Roger+Waters

Tour t shirts available here Tea Lady.

tea lady
10th February 2012, 09:55 PM
I want a "Mother" t shirt! :D Someone send him an email! :cool:

Grumpy John
8th May 2012, 10:16 PM
Does anyone know if an "official" DVD has been released. There are plenty of hand-held videos on YouTube, but I haven't seen anything official in the stores yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrzD_5jubJE]Roger Waters The Wall Live Rod Laver Arena 7/02/2012 Melbourne 1080p - YouTube

Waldo
8th May 2012, 10:21 PM
I've been looking out for just the same thing myself. I'd reckon we might see something come out when the US tour is over. :shrug: