PDA

View Full Version : Calm has been visiting

jefferson
14th July 2011, 06:33 PM
David AKA Calm and his new other half Jane came visiting today.

Sorry, no pics, but we did manage to finish a small 240mm platter and a little bowl, both out of redgum.

Needless to say, Calm did the brute work, removing wood as quickly as possible. My task was to sheer scrape and flat scrape all the torn grain before Calm moved onto sanding.

A pleasant afternoon in the shed, fire going, temp over 10 degrees for a change.

IT DID HAPPEN, even without the pics! :D:D The said pieces were quickly deposited into Calm's car for Jane to take home.

Jim Carroll
14th July 2011, 08:56 PM
Well done to both of you having a bit of shed time.

tea lady
14th July 2011, 10:40 PM
Ah! So he's still around. :cool: Good to hear! AND making shavings.:2tsup:

(And you too Jeff! :U )

Cliff Rogers
14th July 2011, 10:44 PM
:2tsup:

Pat
14th July 2011, 10:45 PM
No more dings in the roof?

Good to hear the pair of you playing in the shed!:2tsup:

Skew ChiDAMN!!
15th July 2011, 02:25 AM
No footy jumpers involved this time? :U

jefferson
15th July 2011, 10:51 AM
No more dings in the roof?

No dings this time around, Pat. I picked a sound piece of wood! :wink:

No footy jumpers involved this time? :U

No jumper this time either, Andy. Bugger had the cheek to borrow a turning jacket! Seems he's getting civilised.

Pat
15th July 2011, 11:10 AM
No dings this time around, Pat. I picked a sound piece of wood! :wink: Redgum, sound . . . . Thunk!!!!:U

No jumper this time either, Andy. Bugger had the cheek to borrow a turning jacket! Seems he's getting civilised.

Calm, snivilised, never!!! Corrupted Yes:;

Jim Carroll
15th July 2011, 01:32 PM

Or domesticated, maybe did not want to scare of the new lady showing his true redgum colors:rolleyes:

rsser
15th July 2011, 04:32 PM
Was his semi load of milk slowly curdling outside?

Good you've got a high roof in the shed; that farmer boy could barely fit under mine.

1 degree just down the road when I got up this morning.