PDA

View Full Version : Resin Saver Moulds - Group Buy

Dorno
14th July 2011, 08:21 PM
if anyone else here in australia wants some of the resin saver moulds mabe we can get together again and order a few at a time ? it is bound to work out cheaper for the postage ?

Cheers Ian

Dorno
17th July 2011, 11:18 PM
:d

minus459
10th August 2011, 01:25 AM
Ian I'm looking to get a couple, let me know if you get anymore takers and Mik I'll be sending you some blanks soonish, I haven't forgotten.

undies

Dorno
10th August 2011, 03:36 PM
Sure Undies I am keen to go down that road with a couple if we can get some sort of buy together. I have been wanting to get a couple for awhile but I just seem to keep putting it off. This might make me get my ass into gear.

Cheers Ian

Reece
10th August 2011, 03:44 PM
Ian I'm looking to get a couple, let me know if you get anymore takers and Mik I'll be sending you some blanks soonish, I haven't forgotten.

undies

This made me laugh. I only just managed to send off some blanks to MIK yesterday for the resin savers in the same order...

Dorno
10th August 2011, 03:50 PM
Well if anyone is keen to get any of charlies resin saver moulds. give me a yell and we will see if we can organise something sooner than later.

They are well worth the effort

Cheers Ian

Reece
10th August 2011, 07:16 PM
he has the mini moulds now if you're on a budget. They look pretty damn good.

Dorno
10th August 2011, 07:34 PM
So anyone wanting either the original Resin Saver mold as reece just informed us there is a mini moldjust let me know and i will try to get a buy organised.

I believe the prices are $55 US for lge and $20 US for small but will check out further if enough interested people.

Cheers Ian

texx
10th August 2011, 07:54 PM
i would be interested in a few of the mini ones .
i will have to study up on which ones .
one i would like but not sure he makes em is for the " Elegant Sierra Button Click"
and "baron" and a few others.maybe the "longwood" even not sure on that one though

johno

NewLondon88
10th August 2011, 11:54 PM
Hey Kids!
I just saw this thread revived.. so thought I'd pop in and answer some questions.

Yes, the mini molds are available. Good for those on a budget, new to casting or just
want to try out new kits but don't want to commit to a full mold right away. (or if you're
like me and cast infrequently)

They come in all sorts of flavors. The Click does all the Sierra stuff plus makes the
Sierra Click. I'm not sure about the 'Elegant Button Sierra Click' .. there's so many
versions of the same basic kit that it gets hard to keep track. The Aero mold does
the Australiana, or the smaller Elegant Beauty. But I'm not sure about the Click
version. I didnt' know there was one.
Longwood is no problem, but it is the one with the 3/8" tubes, NOT the 7mm.
(also called the Clicker Ballpoint at Craft supplies) it is over 4" long.
Baron is no problem .. and lately there's been a resurgence of the Jr Gent I, which
also uses the Baron mold. (as compared to the Jr Gent II, which uses the JRGSR)

You can definitely save on postage by bundling it up. I just checked for Ian and the
postage is the same for 3 molds or 10. Over that and it takes another bump up, but
there's a weight limit anyway.

I have mixing bowls ready.. :p

texx
11th August 2011, 08:26 AM
Hey Kids!
I just saw this thread revived.. so thought I'd pop in and answer some questions.

Yes, the mini molds are available. Good for those on a budget, new to casting or just
want to try out new kits but don't want to commit to a full mold right away. (or if you're
like me and cast infrequently)

They come in all sorts of flavors. The Click does all the Sierra stuff plus makes the
Sierra Click. I'm not sure about the 'Elegant Button Sierra Click' .. there's so many
versions of the same basic kit that it gets hard to keep track. The Aero mold does
the Australiana, or the smaller Elegant Beauty. But I'm not sure about the Click
version. I didnt' know there was one.
Longwood is no problem, but it is the one with the 3/8" tubes, NOT the 7mm.
(also called the Clicker Ballpoint at Craft supplies) it is over 4" long.
Baron is no problem .. and lately there's been a resurgence of the Jr Gent I, which
also uses the Baron mold. (as compared to the Jr Gent II, which uses the JRGSR)

You can definitely save on postage by bundling it up. I just checked for Ian and the
postage is the same for 3 molds or 10. Over that and it takes another bump up, but
there's a weight limit anyway.

I have mixing bowls ready.. :p
just did a measure up and the difference between the sierra and the Elegant Sierra Button Click is the tube on the click one is 8mm longer uses the same bush though , i measured it to be 56.16mm long and the sierra is only 48.something long .
johno

Simomatra
11th August 2011, 05:03 PM
Charlie do you have a mini that will do the Dayacom stretch that Timberbits and Lau Lau sell?

Dorno
11th August 2011, 07:46 PM
Those who are interested in this group buy please PM me and we will get this underway as soon as we can.

Cheers Ian

NewLondon88
12th August 2011, 12:37 AM
just did a measure up and the difference between the sierra and the Elegant Sierra Button Click is the tube on the click one is 8mm longer uses the same bush though , i measured it to be 56.16mm long and the sierra is only 48.something long .
johno

I'm not really sure now .. there's too many similar names and the kits are not the
same!! That's even worse than the same kit having 10 different names..

If it is just the longer version of the Sierra, then i have that. But once they put the
word 'elegant' in there, the kits can go two different ways, depending on who made it.
I make molds for both the Dayacom and the Berea style Elegant Beauty.. but the
Berea EB is the Sierra. The Dayacom EB is the one that the Australiana is based on.
The Click mold is the same as the Sierra/EB only longer. Mine is 65mm, but then
the molds always leave a little extra room for overhang (feathers, labels etc.)

So .. if this Elegant Sierra Button Click uses the same bushings as a Sierra, then
we're good to go. :-

cookie48
12th August 2011, 12:44 AM
Bit confusing all this different names for same/similar pens. Is there a place I can look at before I decide to partake or not please.

NewLondon88
12th August 2011, 12:55 AM
Charlie do you have a mini that will do the Dayacom stretch that Timberbits and Lau Lau sell?

Sam .. I don't. I'm not even 100% sure what this kit is, because neither website gives
any dimensions for me to compare. But it looks like the Zen/Grand Torino kit that
has been around, and i have had a couple of requests for that mold (just not enough
to justify having the parts made up yet)

If it is the same kit, it wouldn't be much of a 'mini' !!:oo: More like a walking stick! :p

NewLondon88
12th August 2011, 12:58 AM
This is just a couple of pics that Ian was looking for, but I can't attach them to PM's

See? I don't just make those strange looking chunks of silicone.. :p

Simomatra
12th August 2011, 09:31 AM
Charlie

Yes the stretch is the same as the Zen I have both and the difference is the cap on the Zen is magnetically attached where the other is a screw, much better in my opinion.

If you want any measurements just give me a holler

Touchwood
13th August 2011, 10:49 PM
Hi
if there is still room in the box, I would like one suitable for the Siera kit.

Thanks
JD

bdar
13th August 2011, 11:16 PM
Ian that is the type of mould i am after in the first picture Charlie has put up. One I can put worthless wood blanks in to cast. Do they come in either 3/4" or 7/8" size? Will be interested in 2 of those please if either size is possible, 3/4" preferable if that can be done.
Cheers
Darren

Dorno
14th August 2011, 04:43 PM
it looks like things are moving along nicely we have several people interested so if there is anyone else out there who is interested post it here or PM me and we will add you to the list I will contact those interested once we get to the number needed andlet you all know the costs. I hope that will all happen soon.

Cheers ian

NewLondon88
22nd August 2011, 01:37 AM
Charlie

Yes the stretch is the same as the Zen\

Masters are being finished today and on their way to me :D

Simomatra
23rd August 2011, 09:27 AM
Cheers Charlie,

Ian you can put me down for a stretch / Zen

Dorno
23rd August 2011, 01:05 PM
The order has been placed and should be here soon

Cheers Ian

Touchwood
20th September 2011, 09:18 PM
Thanks Ian (and Ian's son) - mine arrived safe and sound over here in WA today! Ian, I hope your friend is recovering well.

thanks
JD

seriola
20th September 2011, 11:02 PM
Mine were picked up today as well, thanks Ian, his son and also Charlie. I am heading down to the big smoke tomorrow so will have to check out some supplies while there, cheers Des

Dorno
21st September 2011, 09:30 PM
Thanks to you all for participating in the group buy and I hope you were all happy with the goods ? I havn't seen mine yet as I am still visiting my friend in Brisbane and he has just started major treatment so we are all hoping. Thanks for your best wishes and I shall pass them on.
As for my son sorting out the order all I can say is we had a good laugh over the phone when he was trying to work out what was what lol

I am glad you all got your goods and I look forward to talking to you all in the future.

Cheers. Ian

Pauljack
21st May 2012, 05:17 PM
Hi can anyone help me i am wanting some Molds for a Sierra Pen & The 7mm pens so can someone send me a reply PLEASE....Thankyou

Big Shed
21st May 2012, 05:46 PM
There are 2 makers of silicone moulds that I am aware of.

One is NewLondon88, Charlie, as above. As far as I am aware he doesn't make a 7mm mould anymore, but he does make a Sierra. I have both from him and they work fine.

The other is Fred Wissen, PTownsubbie, also a member of this forum.
He has his own website

Handcrafted Pen and Bottlestopper Blank Molds (http://www.luv2turn.com/siliconemold.html)

I have quite a few of his moulds as well, he makes both types you are after.

For both of these makers, factor in postage cost from the US.

Edit:

Charlie seems to have passed the mould making business on to Wolftat on IAP, see here

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f158/resin-saver-molds-95971/

NewLondon88
31st May 2012, 01:34 AM
Charlie seems to have passed the mould making business on to Wolftat on IAP, see here

Resin Saver Molds - International Association of Penturners (http://www.penturners.org/forum/f158/resin-saver-molds-95971/)

Yep.. Neil is now making the ResinSavers. He has the room to do production, and
I can't really fit them in my kitchen anymore. I think he might be adding new ones
too.

redturner
7th June 2012, 07:32 PM
i am interested in these but i am not sure what they are p but i am looking for moulds for pen blanks but how much are they:U

Big Shed
7th June 2012, 07:50 PM
This group buy finished quite some time ago and there is no current group buy running.