PDA

View Full Version : Ugrent help needed...

ToniH
17th August 2011, 08:44 PM
Hi Members.... I am need of some help and advice. We, like many, were in the path of Mother Natures January wrath... End result: MN 1: our house contents, nil.... On Friday, we move back into our rebuilt home, but are still in the process of trying to replace contents, for which we did not have insurance. Background complete (Background given as some mitigation should I suddenly cease to make sense...)

Teenage daughter used an old HALL TABLE as her writing desk for studies. Said desk... GONESKI!!! We have been unable to find a similar replacement, however tonight came across a desktop in a neighbours rubbish pile - without legs....

Is there somewhere I can go for legs... or is there an enthusiast among you who would be interested in seeing what you can whip up. I am happy to pay for the desk to be given legs again... and would love to play with the project myself, but the list of to-do's is enormous at the moment, and my daughter's study needs demand that her desk get sorted before my time and skills will allow.

The legs need to have a round head, not square like I see in many timber and hardware stores... The legs need to be about 75 to 80 cm.

Please holler if you have any ideas... Cheers, Toni :)

Swino
17th August 2011, 09:17 PM
What sort of wood is the desk made out of?

If you wanted to come down the coast I'm sure that I could organise someone from Gold Coast Woodturners to whip you some up. Would only cost you the petrol for the trip down and price of wood if we don't have something to suit in our shed.

RETIRED
17th August 2011, 09:35 PM
Great idea, you could practise what I showed you.:;

Swino
17th August 2011, 09:58 PM
yep :2tsup:

artme
18th August 2011, 06:07 PM
Some years a go I made a desk from an old dressing table. It had the central drawer, a row of drawers down one side (3) and a a door hiding a middle shelf on the other.

I simply found a suitable top and attached to the already built "body". Simple and effective.