PDA

View Full Version : Collet extension price

Rocker
3rd January 2005, 06:11 PM
A disadvantage of my morticing jig, see http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=5633 , is that the 12 mm thickness of the MDF platform on which the router sits limits the depth of the mortice that you can rout, particularly with smaller-diameter bits (1/4" and 5/16"). This disadvantage can be overcome by using a collet extension. When I checked the local cattledogs, I choked on my XXXX. The only local stockist seems to be MIK who want $150.99 for the item, plus about $10.80 freight. MLCS sells it for US$24.95, plus US$20.05 for air mail, giving a total of US$45, or about AUD58.

Charging almost three times the overseas cost is not likely to encourage Aussie woodworkers to buy locally.

Rocker

westpest
4th January 2005, 02:51 AM
FWIW
I bought one of the MLCS Collet extensions and it works great. I get just a touch of vibration when used in my M12v in a table but it is not a problem. MLCS will have it delivered about 10 days after order.. almost as long as getting something from Sydney to Perth... Bye the way, I also have an Xtreme Xtension made by router technologies and the first bit I tried is still stuck in it and I have tried everything to get it out...

DanF