PDA

View Full Version : Norwegian Woodturning Cruise

maņana
25th August 2011, 09:29 PM
I've just got my first email from Pommiephil who left on the 20th to go on the Norwegian Woodturning cruise with the like of Richard Raffan et al. He says that he has finally mastered the Norwegian computers. So what techniques is he passing on to me - his best (and only?) mate? He went ashore and the beer is $30 PER LITRE!!! So, he is just getting acclimatised to what prices will be when the Carbon Gouge tax comes in next year.
Mick C

Ray153
25th August 2011, 10:26 PM
Alcohol in Norway is heavily regulated by the government due I believe to health and societal risks with arctic winters and what they call the tunnel, perpetual night for around 4 months. Depression etc can be a real problem so that is one reason why the price is so high. It's to discourage people spending the winters drunk as a coping mechanism.

The carbon tax has nothing to do with it.

Waldo
25th August 2011, 10:48 PM
I was talking to a bloke the other day who told me he wondered if it might be a proposition for a honeymoon. :rolleyes:

munruben
26th August 2011, 08:55 AM
He went ashore and the beer is $30 PER LITRE!!! So, he is just getting acclimatised to what prices will be when the Carbon Gouge tax comes in next year.
Mick CWow! would be hard to get drunk there. :)