PDA

View Full Version : Qld Maple turnings

MAPLEMAN
6th September 2011, 10:45 AM
Here are some pics of Qld Maple that i felt were worthy of showing...Cheers:2tsup:

Ed Reiss
6th September 2011, 11:11 AM
...very nice, that Qld Maple ~~ oh yea, the turnings are pretty good too :; :D

What's the finish?

bellyup
6th September 2011, 01:43 PM
very nice!!!

bench1holio
6th September 2011, 03:33 PM
some pretty peices of maple and some really nice looking bowls there chris!

Ad de Crom
6th September 2011, 06:52 PM
Beautiful turnings, lovely wood too.
Ad :2tsup:

dr4g0nfly
7th September 2011, 06:10 AM
I thought Qld meant Queensland but looking at these I'm guessing I'm wrong and it Quilted Maple.

Stunning grain and figure and well finished,

I like:2tsup:

cookie48
7th September 2011, 07:09 AM
Very nice indeed. Love the grain in them. Nice finish allso. What finish did you use please.

artme
7th September 2011, 08:34 AM
They :aro-u: have said it all!!! :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Cliff Rogers
7th September 2011, 09:53 AM
:2tsup:

It is Queensland Maple.

Flindersia brayleyana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flindersia_brayleyana)

Maton Guitars - Superb acoustic, electric and custom built guitars - Australia's own guitar maker (http://www.maton.com.au/timbers/queensland-maple.html)

MAPLEMAN
7th September 2011, 11:46 AM
Very nice indeed. Love the grain in them. Nice finish allso. What finish did you use please. Finish is Danish oil cookie:wink: Here's a few more pics that i took yesterday,Cheers:2tsup:

Mulgabill
7th September 2011, 07:39 PM
Very noice Mapleman:sigh: I wish I had some!!

MAPLEMAN
9th September 2011, 10:04 PM
some pretty peices of maple and some really nice looking bowls there chris!Wondering if you have been busy with the Qld Maple that you got off me in sydney,,,,Cheers Mate:;

bench1holio
10th September 2011, 09:08 AM
hey chris, yeah i have turned one peice and sat it on the shelf to settle, only need to turn the spigot off and ill send you some pics.
i got a couple of tears in my rotator cuff (work related) which is slowing me up a bit!

MAPLEMAN
10th September 2011, 12:50 PM
hey chris, yeah i have turned one peice and sat it on the shelf to settle, only need to turn the spigot off and ill send you some pics.
i got a couple of tears in my rotator cuff (work related) which is slowing me up a bit!Look forward to seeing those pics Ben....Cheers buddy:2tsup: