PDA

View Full Version : Should keep you busy for a while.

RETIRED
12th September 2011, 10:35 AM
Woodturning Links (http://www.public.iastate.edu/~rwallace/WTlinks.html)

hughie
12th September 2011, 12:05 PM
aaaarrgghh! :o no time :no: But thanks anyway :U:2tsup:

Cliff Rogers
12th September 2011, 12:18 PM
I think he missed a couple. :think:

Ed Reiss
12th September 2011, 12:35 PM
Kinda' liberating not ordering woody stuff any more ~~~ but sure am making up the difference with photographic stuff...just as much, if not more, $$$$'s involved :C:U

Ad de Crom
12th September 2011, 06:38 PM
, thanks for posting this.
I agree, this keep me busy for a while to read it all.
Placed it in my favorites, nice for the lost evening hour.
Ad

Tim the Timber Turner
12th September 2011, 07:05 PM
but sure am making up the difference with photographic stuff...just as much, if not more, $$$$'s involved :C:U

But Ed think of the benefits.

You can store 10 grands worth of photo gear in a much smaller space than 10 grands worth of woodturning gear.:2tsup:

Now we are digital, the end product (photos) take up little space. Not like the storage space required for wood.:wink:

Easier to sneak a new lens past SHMBO than trying to pretend the new Lathe/Bandsaw was always there.:)

Cheers

Tim:)

wheelinround
12th September 2011, 07:08 PM
aaaarrgghh! :o no time :no: But thanks anyway :U:2tsup:

Hughie I know we have most of these bookmarked already but just to note this section just in case Woodturning Links (http://www.public.iastate.edu/~rwallace/WTlinks.html#Specialty_WT_Techn)

Ed Reiss
12th September 2011, 07:55 PM
all good points, Tim :U

Sturdee
12th September 2011, 08:15 PM
Trouble with these posts is that when I look at the sites I find more things I'd like to have and make. :U

More things to make, it's never ending. :2tsup:

Peter.

cookie48
12th September 2011, 08:54 PM
More reading and more to do. When will it end.

RETIRED
12th September 2011, 10:11 PM
More reading and more to do. When will it end.It doesn't!!

Christos
12th September 2011, 11:08 PM
Took a quick look and did not find this site. :U

Mrs Blackie
13th September 2011, 12:46 AM
So much reading to do and not enough time, but I added it to my faves, I need glasses I think I is gone cross eyed :oo:. You know? I was just thinking something, years ago we used to read books and imagine all the trees they had to chop down to make books? so lets just be grateful that they save them trees for us now and post things up on the net instead....CHUCKLES:U wait though I use recycled and or already fallen trees:;
Cheers!

Scott
13th September 2011, 09:04 PM
arggh!

bellyup
14th September 2011, 12:28 AM
I was listening to a reporter on the radio the other day regarding Kindle and the like - the statement he made was that "due to the growing literacy of China and India, the world could not support the number of trees required to supply paper to print books in the next few years!!! - hence Kindle/s"
OK ..........we have a few years to turn a few bowls .........then it might be all over :oo:
I might start a futures trading account on turnable wood - anyone want in??
Bruce.

Cliff Rogers
14th September 2011, 01:30 AM
...."
OK ..........we have a few years to turn a few bowls .........then it might be all over :oo:
Bruce.
You need to visit the pen turners forum..... who needs wood? :D

hughie
14th September 2011, 01:50 PM
I was listening to a reporter on the radio the other day regarding Kindle and the like - the statement he made was that "due to the growing literacy of China and India, the world could not support the number of trees required to supply paper to print books in the next few years!!! - hence Kindle/s"

Dunno in the 80's it was a food shortage, then peak oil, and in the 70's its global freezing, now its warming. Kindle was a marketing decision by Amazon to increase thier share of the market. I would doubt if they really concern themselves about the third world at this stage.

....and then the greenies want to lock all the wilderness and add to it as well. Nah I figure trees are here to stay. :U

artme
15th September 2011, 12:48 PM
You going to list on the futures market, Bruce??:D:p