PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne W.W.W. Show 21-23 October 2011

Groggy
21st September 2011, 07:09 PM
Well, it is approaching the time of the year for the biggest and best show - Melbourne!

As usual, I will be looking for people who would like to man the stand and assist me.

I have put up on my website the schedule for shifts (http://groggy.homeip.net/WoodShow/Roster.html)over the three days. Get in early and get the shift of your choice and, of course, free entry to the show!

Ideally, I like two hour blocks to be filled as it makes scheduling easier. Typically, you turn up at a pre-arranged time or call me on arrival, I then come out with your ticket. A phone number will be provided to volunteers before the event.

Over previous years most volunteers have found it a good way to catch their breath and meet a bunch of other forumites. Members will often attend the stand on a few days and really take the time to see the show and all the displays and demonstrations; in my view, this is the best way to do it. :2tsup:

Please note: due to a very busy work schedule at the moment I will not be able to make the usual quick updates to the website, bear with me, I will try to update it at least once a day.

------------------------------------------------------------------
WHEN: 21-23 October 2011

WHERE: Melbourne Showgrounds, Epsom Road Ascot Vale

TIME: 10am - 5pm, Daily

ADMISSION (Same price as last year!):
Adult $15,
Concession $13,
Kids under 14 Free
Multi day pass discounts available

DETAILS HERE (http://www.eee.net.au/index.php/exhibitions/timber-working-with-wood/melbourne.html)

KevM
21st September 2011, 07:49 PM
Greg,
I'll be over again this year.

Slot me in on Friday 15:00-17:00 - DONE :2tsup:.

Are you bringing the workbench as a static display?? You will need to help me lift it on the back of the yoot mate!

Optimark
21st September 2011, 08:33 PM
Always thought about doing this, but never had the opportunity to help due to commitments, this year is different and I have time.

Saturday the 22nd, 1000hrs to 1200hrs - DONE :2tsup: is best for me if possible.

Mick.

Groggy
21st September 2011, 09:00 PM
We're off and racing, get the good spots before they are gone folks :2tsup:

Waldo
21st September 2011, 09:47 PM
Friday around 11:00 would be good. :2tsup: Friday 1100-1300 DONE :thumbsup:

Sturdee
21st September 2011, 10:11 PM
Friday 10 -11 am, Saturday 11am-12noon,Sunday 10-11am. DONE, thanks Peter! :thumbsup:

Peter.

John T
21st September 2011, 10:31 PM
HI GROGGY
I can help 12/2o clock friday DONE :thumbsup: if needed
john.

Chesand
22nd September 2011, 07:27 AM
I'm in for a 2 hour shift on Friday - early afternoon 1300-1500 Friday 21st - DONE :thumbsup: would be good but not critical.

KevM
22nd September 2011, 08:18 AM
Greg,

Are you bringing the workbench as a static display?? You will need to help me lift it on the back of the yoot mate!

I can help lift on Thursday arvo what say 3 o'clock, can you arrange another 8 Melbournites? :U

Mulgabill
22nd September 2011, 05:47 PM
G'day Groggy!
I can do 10am - 12noon Friday 21st - DONE :thumbsup:

Groggy
22nd September 2011, 06:41 PM
Great stuff, one day into it and we are 15/42 complete. :2tsup:

Groggy
23rd September 2011, 06:40 PM
:bump2: Still have vacancies for spots everyone!

John Saxton
23rd September 2011, 06:48 PM
I do hope you manage to get the slots filled Greg,hopefully there will some more to fill in the blanks of your schedule soon.

Unfortunately I cannot join you this year as I'm taking SWMBO on a NZ cruise for her birthday .

Best of luck for the show ....time to start cracking the piggy bank:rolleyes:

Cheers:)

Groggy
23rd September 2011, 06:52 PM
That's a shame John, I'll leave some drool on the LN stand on your behalf.

John Saxton
23rd September 2011, 07:19 PM
That's a shame John, I'll leave some drool on the LN stand on your behalf.

Did my dash at the Perth TWW show Greg left hand bronze skew:wink:

Had to leave some for U.

tea lady
23rd September 2011, 09:35 PM
:CYou've all grabbed Friday already. :hmm: Okkkkkkkkkkkk! How about Sunday 1000 till 1200 - DONE :thumbsup::cool: Might have a small boy with me. :U

John Saxton
23rd September 2011, 10:50 PM
:CYou've all grabbed Friday already. :hmm: Okkkkkkkkkkkk! How about Sunday 1000 till 1200:cool: Might have a small boy with me. :U

TL...He can check out the small Lathes :wink:

tea lady
23rd September 2011, 10:51 PM
TL...He can check out the small Lathes :wink:

Cheers:):D Might have to book him in with Tim! :cool:

Cliff Rogers
23rd September 2011, 10:55 PM
Well, it is approaching the time of the year for the biggest and best show - Melbourne!.....
Victorians. :rolleyes:

Waldo
24th September 2011, 08:56 PM
Victorians. :rolleyes:

Don't worry Cliff, I'll set 'em right. :2tsup:

Cliff Rogers
24th September 2011, 10:41 PM
Don't worry Cliff, I'll set 'em right. :2tsup:
Bloody hell, good luck with that 'ey. :rolleyes:

Groggy
28th September 2011, 08:53 AM
Bump! Still looking for volunteers folks! Any help is appreciated.

dai sensei
28th September 2011, 11:44 AM
Put me down for Sat Groggy, say 2-3pm DONE :2tsup:, but I will probably be available for more on the day if need be.

Cheers

tea lady
30th September 2011, 09:57 AM
I can probably hang round a bit longer too.:cool:

Chesand
30th September 2011, 10:18 AM
Where are you all? In past years we have had the roster almost full by now.

Groggy
30th September 2011, 10:57 AM
Hi folks. Please note the roster is not available at the moment as my server has gone down. I'll get it up and running again soon. :fixed:

Meanwhile, I am still looking for volunteers!

Groggy
30th September 2011, 10:32 PM
I have had to set up a new web server and the roster can now be found here (http://groggy.homeip.net/WoodShow/Roster.html).

Please let me know if you have any trouble with the link.

Christos
30th September 2011, 10:44 PM
Where are you all? In past years we have had the roster almost full by now.

Yeah come on forumites, can not let Groggy do all the hours.

He's gone enough on his hands with his bench build. :U

KevM
1st October 2011, 08:31 AM
I have had to set up a new web server and the roster can now be found here (http://groggy.homeip.net/WoodShow/Roster.html).

Please let me know if you have any trouble with the link.

It is not working for me!

Cliff Rogers
1st October 2011, 09:58 AM
.... my server has gone down......
How did you mange that? :wink:

KevM
1st October 2011, 10:02 AM
It is not working for me!

Seems to be up now!!

doug3030
3rd October 2011, 01:31 PM
I can do a couple of hours friday and saturday afternoon if theres any space left

Groggy
3rd October 2011, 05:07 PM
I can do a couple of hours friday and saturday afternoon if theres any space left
Thanks Doug, have a look here (http://groggy.homeip.net/WoodShow/Roster.html) and let me know what times you prefer.

doug3030
3rd October 2011, 07:18 PM
Thanks Doug, have a look here (http://groggy.homeip.net/WoodShow/Roster.html) and let me know what times you prefer.

put me down for 14:00 to 15:00 friday and saturday DONE :2tsup: at this stage and if there are still vacancies closer to the day I can do some more. I dont want to take too much and stop others from helping out too. :2tsup::2tsup:

Groggy
5th October 2011, 05:53 PM
Not long to go now and we are still looking for volunteers. If you would like FREE entry to the show and don't mind helping out at the stand for an hour or so then this is for you...

I have put up on my website the schedule for shifts (http://groggy.homeip.net/WoodShow/Roster.html)over the three days. Still some spots on Saturday and Sunday available. Each volunteer is simply asked to pass a pamphlet to the public and tell them a little about the forums (how to get there, what is on it etc. Takes about a minute per customer.)

Typically, you turn up at a pre-arranged time or call me on arrival, I then come out with your ticket. A phone number will be provided to volunteers before the event.

Over previous years most volunteers have found it a good way to catch their breath and meet a bunch of other forumites. Members will often attend the stand on a few days and really take the time to see the show and all the displays and demonstrations; in my view, this is the best way to do it. :2tsup:

Please note: due to a very busy work schedule at the moment I will not be able to make the usual quick updates to the website, bear with me, I will try to update it at least once a day.

------------------------------------------------------------------
WHEN: 21-23 October 2011

WHERE: Melbourne Showgrounds, Epsom Road Ascot Vale

TIME: 10am - 5pm, Daily

ADMISSION (Same price as last year!):
Adult $15,
Concession $13,
Kids under 14 Free
Multi day pass discounts available

DETAILS HERE (http://www.eee.net.au/index.php/exhibitions/timber-working-with-wood/melbourne.html)

Groggy
10th October 2011, 09:28 PM
Bump!

Pagie
11th October 2011, 08:43 PM
I can do 1200-1400 on Sunday DONE :2tsup:.

Peter

Groggy
11th October 2011, 09:37 PM
Still spots available folks, roll up, roll up! :)

Check the roster (http://groggy.homeip.net/WoodShow/Roster.html), pick a time, turn up and get free entry!

ianr34
11th October 2011, 09:39 PM
I've only just joined the forum but have been reading it for ages so can certainly answer questions - so if you want a newbie help I can do the 1500-1700 on the sunday DONE :2tsup: and help you pack up at the end.

Groggy
11th October 2011, 09:48 PM
Thanks ianr341!

For anyone holding back because they think they may not be able to provide the right advice, after hearing me rabbit on a few times you will get the hang of it. It ain't rocket surgery. :rolleyes:

Christos
11th October 2011, 10:16 PM
For anyone holding back because they think they may not be able to provide the right advice, after hearing me rabbit on a few times you will get the hang of it.

Just to reaffirm what Groggy has said. It someone comes with a question that you are not sure of the answer, one more reason to join to forum, they can post that question.

Pagie
11th October 2011, 10:42 PM
I'm not on the roster yet?

Groggy
11th October 2011, 11:09 PM
I'm not on the roster yet?

Yes, you are. I have edited your post as well but if using mobile devices to browse you may not see it. The roster has you in it, you may need to refresh the page (F5).

Sturdee
13th October 2011, 09:56 AM
I have surplus to my needs 6 self made wooded hand screw clamps that I will donate for a free prize draw among forum stand helpers at the T & WWW Show in Melbourne.

I made these clamps many years ago (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f44/sturdee-handscrew-clamps-8265/) and worked well but my interest in woodworking has changed and now I no longer need that many clamps. They still work well but may need a bit of lubrication (a quick spray with WD 40) on the threads.

So on each day two are to be won by members helping on the stand that day, draw to be done by either Neill or so Groggy is eligible too. Each day is a separate draw so you can win one on each day.

If you want one you will have to be on the roster to help.

Peter.

Allan at Wallan
13th October 2011, 03:56 PM
Hi Groggy,

I have assisted for the last couple of years but this time
there is no way I can make it.

Too many committments and the missus is too insistent
that I attend family functions as a first priority.

Hopefully I can get to the show and assist next year.

Allan

Groggy
13th October 2011, 04:55 PM
No worries Allan, you have done more over the years than I could have hoped for, you can have this year off :D

Mulgabill
13th October 2011, 04:57 PM
I like your work Peter!!:2tsup:

Lets hope it prompts some more Forum members to give at least an hour out of their day to man/women the stand! It's not that difficult.:no:

fubar
14th October 2011, 07:11 AM
Gday Greg

put me down for 1600-1700 friday - DONE :2tsup:

thanks Dennis

Sawdust Maker
14th October 2011, 07:55 AM
Are air fares included - if so I could probably help out :D

Allan at Wallan
14th October 2011, 07:01 PM
Hi Groggy,

A last minute reprieve - I can now make it on the Sunday
so please slot me in for 3pm to 5pm DONE :2tsup:.

Regards,

Allan

RETIRED
14th October 2011, 09:46 PM
Hi Groggy,

A last minute reprieve - I can now make it on the Sunday
so please slot me in for 3pm to 5pm DONE :2tsup:.

Regards,

AllanHow much did that cost?:D

Allan at Wallan
15th October 2011, 12:40 PM
How much did that cost?:D

An arm and a leg ... and almost my marriage.:2tsup:

Allan

David Mitchell
15th October 2011, 10:19 PM
I am hoping to get there on Sunday Will help 12 to 1pm DONE :2tsup:
Regards
David

Tiger
16th October 2011, 09:18 AM
Groggy, are you still looking for people to help, if so, I plan on coming in on Friday and possibly Sunday, would prefer any shifts either at the start or end of day, let me know.

KevM
16th October 2011, 10:44 AM
Groggy, are you still looking for people to help, if so, I plan on coming in on Friday and possibly Sunday, would prefer any shifts either at the start or end of day, let me know.
Check out the list here (http://groggy.homeip.net/WoodShow/Roster.html), any of the spots shown with Groggy in red are still available.

Tiger
16th October 2011, 11:12 AM
Ok, then 3 to 4 on Friday and 2 to 3 on Sunday DONE :2tsup:.

Groggy
16th October 2011, 12:18 PM
Still few spots available on Saturday and Sunday folks.

Check the roster (http://groggy.homeip.net/WoodShow/Roster.html), Turn up, get free entry, walk around for a while then do a stint on the stand to rest up, then have another walk around!

For the volunteers, watch your PMs next week, I will send my mobile number to you so you can let me know when you arrive. If you do not have a mobile then we will need to arrange a time to meet at the entrance.

woodie2
16th October 2011, 12:23 PM
Hi Groggy,
I am comming over to Melbourne and am available 12 noon to 1400hrs DONE booked in Saturday:2tsup: book me in as I will be there.

Groggy
16th October 2011, 12:25 PM
Which day! :? Saturday assumed, please confirm.

John G
17th October 2011, 09:59 AM
I was looking at the exhibitors list for the show, and there was the usual suspects - Carbatec, McJing, Gifkins, etc, but there was no Timbecon.

Too far to bother coming from Perth?

Christopha
17th October 2011, 04:50 PM
Thanks ianr341!

For anyone holding back because they think they may not be able to provide the right advice, after hearing me rabbit on a few times you will get the hang of it. It ain't rocket surgery. :rolleyes:

Or even brain science!

Mulgabill
17th October 2011, 04:58 PM
Timbecon has not been there for the last couple of years!:no:

woodie2
17th October 2011, 05:24 PM
Hi Groggy,
Yes Saturday. Sorry mate. I had looked at the roster and only Saturday was available. Thanks for booking me in.

Groggy
17th October 2011, 06:58 PM
Still few spots available on Saturday and Sunday folks.

Check the roster (http://groggy.homeip.net/WoodShow/Roster.html), Turn up, get free entry, walk around for a while then do a stint on the stand to rest up, then have another walk around!

For the volunteers, watch your PMs next week, I will send my mobile number to you so you can let me know when you arrive. If you do not have a mobile then we will need to arrange a time to meet at the entrance.

Pagie
17th October 2011, 08:04 PM
And the place is easy to find. I found it yesterday. The guy on the gate said I was the 5th one to turn up on the wrong week.

:cool:

Sawdust Maker
17th October 2011, 09:36 PM
And the place is easy to find. I found it yesterday. The guy on the gate said I was the 5th one to turn up on the wrong week.

congrats :2tsup:
you get a pat on the back for eagerness, along with your 4 mates :2tsup:

Sturdee
17th October 2011, 10:10 PM
Last year there was some confusion about parking, and problems with the disabled parking. Cars were in a que trying to get in through the wrong entrance as it wasn't clear which entrance to use.

So to help here are the details from their website :

Free Shuttle Bus
The parking area can be some distance to the front doors of the Melbourne Timber & Working With Wood Show. To assist, we have organised a shuttle bus.

Parking Update
We have been working with the venue to improve parking for the Melbourne Timber & Working With Wood Show. Visitor parking entry will be through Gate 7, off Leonard Crescent, Ascot Vale. Gate 4 will serve as the entry for disabled car parking. The shuttle bus will complete a circuit around both areas to take you to the show entry.

Peter.

Christos
18th October 2011, 10:03 PM

As long as you turn up on the right weekend does not matter how early, just not late. :U

Tim the Timber Turner
19th October 2011, 12:54 PM
I've been told I'm walking to the show.

Hang on.:oo:

I live in Adelaide

KevM
19th October 2011, 07:45 PM
Greg,

Slot me in on Friday 15:00-17:00 - DONE :2tsup:.

Not sure what has happened to the local Melbourne members on Saturday, Greg. I'll do 13:00-14:00 on Saturday and may be able to slot in 16:00 to 17:00 DONE :2tsup: also if Guillio's 3:30 demo is over in time.

What time do you want me to help lift the workbench on Thursday arvo???:U :p

Waldo
19th October 2011, 07:49 PM
What time do you want me to help lift the workbench on Thursday arvo???:U
No need to, he's done it all himself. :muscle:

(damn that smiley doesn't exist :doh2: )

Groggy
19th October 2011, 09:55 PM
I've sent my phone number to the following people:

Allan at Wallan ;
Chesand ;
dai sensei ;
David Mitchell ;
doug3030 ;
fubar ;
Glenlara ;
ianr34 ;
John T ;
KevM ;
Mulgabill ;
Optimark ;
tea lady ;
Tiger ;
Sturdee ;
Waldo ;
woodie2 ;

If your not on the list and have volunteered let me know asap please!

Thanks to all the volunteers!