PDA

View Full Version : whats more addictive

Rowan
10th January 2005, 06:46 PM
As I raced home from work to finish spraying a table top not stopping for tea(or maybe to get half high :eek: ) I wondered if I was addicted to woodworking -I'll rephrase that wondered how addicted I was...........

so here's the question what is more addictive
a) woodworking
b)nicotine
c)caffiene
d)sex
e)any combination of the above

Iain
10th January 2005, 08:53 PM
I've been married for so many years now, what's sex?
You forgot single malt :mad:

Cliff Rogers
10th January 2005, 09:04 PM
Booze & at least 3 of the above.

ozwinner
10th January 2005, 09:12 PM
I've been married for so many years now, what's sex?
You forgot single malt :mad:
Its when the missus aint there, and you surf the sites. :D
Not that I do that of course.

Al :o

Rusty
10th January 2005, 10:24 PM
Nicotine and caffeine are aquired habits and the hardest to break; caffeine is the only thing I can't kick. Woodworking and sex are as natural as breathing, they're not vices and I don't have a problem. Shut-up, I do not.

Cliff Rogers
10th January 2005, 10:41 PM
.... they're not vices and I don't have a problem. Shut-up, I do not.
I'll drink to that...... ;)

Harry72
11th January 2005, 01:06 AM
Caffiene isnt addictive It just taste's good, and Im a shiftworker!
I gave up the stinky habit about 4yrs ago, I thought it was going to be hard... lucky the SWMBO was on a tour of europe for 2mths while I did it!
I use those Zyban tablets and found it quite easy, even when OP smoked infront of me.

Cliff Rogers
11th January 2005, 01:12 AM
...I gave up the stinky habit about 4yrs ago,...I use those Zyban tablets and found it quite easy, even when OP smoked infront of me.Good on ya, I went cold turkey about 24 years ago.
I've heard good & bad reports about that Zyban stuff.
2 friends, both into their 50's gave up with it last year, not a problem but, one of the blokes that works with me went on it & he was real crook, came out in bruises, lost weight, would go home for lunch & come back 2 days later.... he still smokes.

ozwinner
11th January 2005, 06:19 PM
Woodworking and sex are as natural as breathing, they're not vices and I don't have a problem. .
Well Duhhh, how do you do woodwork without a vice.???

Al :confused:

Cliff Rogers
11th January 2005, 07:07 PM

Clamps, lots & lots of clamps.... my new/old vice is still in pieces & the one that is set up so I can use it is buried under a pile of crud so I can't get at it anyway.

TheDad
11th January 2005, 08:53 PM
as I sit at a mates place with a white port (yum) and no real shed to do "real" woodwork in yet, a wife who is sitting st home with 3 kids and 2 extras, and i don't smoke , or drink too much coffee.................gee now I am depressing myself.......... where is my plane again... or a boat....or a train.....

John Saxton
11th January 2005, 09:31 PM
Combination of nearly all ...not a smoker ,gave up over 25yrs ago but still partial to a good cigar but and only if with either a Bushmills or Good Red or a real good brandy. :D
Not habit forming these days ...er the cigars that is ...but the others weellll lifes too short to deny one all the finer things in life and I totally ain't seen the light YET:eek:

Cheers :)

AlexS
11th January 2005, 09:33 PM
I gave up the stinky habit about 4yrs ago, I thought it was going to be hard... lucky the SWMBO was on a tour of europe for 2mths while I did it!

You are talking about smoking, aren't you? :D

Iain
12th January 2005, 07:30 AM

Superjaws :D

beejay1
2nd February 2005, 10:06 AM
I get clamps when i drink too much coffee and tea, when i have too much sex, when i crave for a good cigar but not with woodworking so i guess im going about things the wrong way? but you can never have enough clamps ...can you?

beejay1

Iain
2nd February 2005, 10:38 AM
How about elections :D :D :D

JackoH
3rd February 2005, 10:44 AM
Or as the Chinese would say:- Erections!

MathewA
3rd February 2005, 05:46 PM
Ya! and how do you do sex without nipple clamps:eek:

echnidna
3rd February 2005, 06:19 PM
vEERRRRY FFFAAASSSSTTTT!!!!