PDA

View Full Version : Some new pieces!

Gasman
23rd October 2011, 09:42 AM
Hi folks
Haven`t posted for a while. Been experimenting with some different things and I`d be interested to know what you think!

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee357/585262/IMG_1257.jpg

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee357/585262/IMG_1269.jpg
Polymer clay finial supposed to represent balancing stones! Japanese symbols representing peace,love,friendship etc.

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee357/585262/IMG_1289.jpg
Another Poly clay handle. Symbols representing Chinese zodiac Monkey,Donkey etc!

Regards
Steve
:)

Randir
23rd October 2011, 10:20 AM
I like the form, and especially the combination of materials. Good work :2tsup:

cookie48
23rd October 2011, 01:41 PM
Very spectacular. Great combination of diferent items. Like the chinese/japanese writting.

Sawdust Maker
23rd October 2011, 10:31 PM
Yep
very pleasing to the eye:2tsup:

dr4g0nfly
24th October 2011, 12:10 AM
Zen and the art of woodworking.

I like them especially the brushwork/calligraphy, where do you get your characters from, the net of someone you know?

Michael Spain
24th October 2011, 01:42 AM
An excellent work, wood and oriental philosophy are a good marriage, me too when I design furniture, Feng-Shui applied, we are almost neighbors, a greeting from Tenerife.:2tsup:

Gasman
24th October 2011, 03:12 AM
Thanks for the comments guys, appreciated :B
Dragonfly - I used freely available symbols off the web so I don`t upset anyone`s copyright!

Michael - and a warm greetings from me too in not so sunny UK :)
Cheers
Steve

TTIT
24th October 2011, 12:39 PM
......Dragonfly - I used freely available symbols off the web so I don`t upset anyone`s copyright!I didn't know written languages could be copyrighted :?

Very nice work :2tsup: Are the characters pyrographed or painted on???

TTIT
24th October 2011, 01:02 PM
Forgot to ask :-. Is the polymer clay the Miliputt variety??? I've been unsuccessfully trying to find a supplier here in Oz while it looks like every man and his dog sells it in the UK :C

munruben
24th October 2011, 01:12 PM
Nicely done. Great work. :2tsup::2tsup:

artme
24th October 2011, 01:29 PM
Great pieces there Gasman!! Love the subtle colours and pleasing forms!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Gasman
25th October 2011, 12:20 AM
Hi all
Thanks again for the kind comments :-
TTiT - The symbols were made from images off the web and made into a stencil and then airbrushed on. When you look into these things you have no idea how much is actually copyright. Take a simple thing like a letter`A` you would think that is freely available but you find a slightly strange/different font of it and voila ruddy copyright shows its face so to avoid any hassle I use stuff that says its free to be used. The poly clay I used is called `Fimo` and the vase finial was Fimo classic and for the bowl handle I used Fimo effects. I`m still sussing out what you can/can`t do with this stuff yet and what the different makes can do!
Cheers
Steve