PDA

View Full Version : Need info on whereabouts a club

mkypenturner
23rd October 2011, 11:13 AM
Hi guys
One of our members of my local club is thinking of moving down to singleton nsw can amybody let me know if and where it is or the closest club
Thanks

NCArcher
23rd October 2011, 06:49 PM
The Singleton Woodworkers club have a permanent workshop and clubrooms at the Singleton Show Grounds. I'll pm you some contact details.

vk4
23rd October 2011, 06:57 PM
Tell him to buy some LONG JOHNS , it gets BLOODY COLD down there.

NCArcher
23rd October 2011, 07:00 PM
No it doesn't. I'm a Victorian and it's bloody hot here. :q

powderpost
23rd October 2011, 09:31 PM
Yes it does, I have been down there.. :U
Jim

josquiggley
24th October 2011, 02:33 PM
Thanks Troy for posting question for me re: woodturning assoc in Singleton. As you can see I have created my own log in.

Also thanks to those who responded to Troy's question on my behalf. Will have to check the info given about the Showgrounds. And thanks to those concerned about my welfare in relation to feeling the cold, I'm an ex Victorian, so am use to the cold climate, in fact I miss it, hence why I'm looking into moving back towards the colder climate. Will dig out all my old thermal underwear.

Cheers
Jo

vk4
24th October 2011, 05:29 PM
Singleton is on top of the highlands , and if you go to Sydney becareful of the Puttey Road, down to Sydney especially if there is fog.

I HAVE BEEN UP AND DOWN IT A COUPLE OF TIMES AND IT IS A BITCH AT NIGHT .

NCArcher
24th October 2011, 08:29 PM
Singleton is on top of the highlands , and if you go to Sydney becareful of the Puttey Road, down to Sydney especially if there is fog.

No it's not. Singleton is nestled in the Hunter Valley, a bit over an hour from Newcastle. Only a stones throw from hundreds of vinyards. You could go to Sydney via the Putty road but unless you're on a big road bike you wouldn't. You'd just drive straight down the F3 freeway. And I swear, it's not cold.:roll::q

vk4
25th October 2011, 10:22 PM
I went through there in the middle of winter after 6weeks in PUCKAPUNYAL, and I thought it was cold, also went to Nowra with the Army and we went down and back VIA the PUTTEY Road then a trip to Canberra with a mate also in the Army , for some reason we went Via the Puttey and Sydney,. I think they were all masochists.

It is 1 of the worst roads I have ever had to drive , mind you the GILLES HWY from Cairns to Atherton Tablelands comes very close.

Jeff

josquiggley
26th October 2011, 06:36 PM
Its all good thanks everyone, I am use to the cold, ###### roads etc. I have also spent time in Singleton, The Hunter Valley, Cessnock etc and yes I have also been on Putty Rd, In any case as someone pointed out, if I have a need to drive to Sydney, I'd just go via the freeway. And Jeff I too have spent many a freezing cold winters in Pucka, and like you with the Army (Transport Corp).

Anyway, again thank you for all your concerns but at this stage I'm only exploring my options of what is available in the line of Woodworking in the Singleton region. I'm only considering moving to the region due to work and it's not as if I'd spend the rest of my life there.

Cheers
Jo