PDA

View Full Version : Chook's Thicknesser episode 55

chook
16th January 2005, 06:11 AM
I hope that this is the last post I ever make on this topic. Those who have followed this sad story will know that I have had trouble with a CJT 340 carbatec thicknesser wich was initially melting drive belts. Eventually the thing had a bent main shaft in the motor.

Well now I have been to carbatec and I have had the entire motor replaced at a cost of $165. I had been quoted $280 for the same job by a local repair shop!

I have so far thicknessed about 30 metres of boards back from 25 mm to 20 mm with no problems.

I have also replaced the drive belt which was a bit of rubbish with a drive belt from a delta thicknesser. It cost 3 times as much but I hope it will not break so easily. I suspect that the initial break of the first nylon belt caused the bend in the main shaft of the motor. This then caused the second belt to break.

When the thicknesser works it does a really good job so I hope that it the last anyone will hear from me on this matter.

Would I recommend the purchase of a CTJ 340 carbatec thicknesser? I will make that judgement in a few months.