PDA

View Full Version : embellished Camphor Laurel

hughie
3rd November 2011, 10:16 AM
I had some smallish CL that was not so fancy.4"x6" So I thought I would have a go at tarting it up so to speak. Not too bad but its been along time since I did any form of carving. Will need to practice to improve the lines some.

The finish is diy DO although in this damp weather its been slow to harden up so its yet to buffed and it looks a bit plastic.

wheelinround
3rd November 2011, 10:23 AM
Hughie very nice like the fluted work. You say carved was rough looks good to me. :2tsup:

This must mean the shed is functional again :; so when's the GTG.:U

bench1holio
3rd November 2011, 12:30 PM
looks pretty good from here :2tsup:

Pat
3rd November 2011, 12:53 PM
Looks good Hughie. were did you find the time to muck around?

This must mean the shed is functional again :; so when's the GTG.:U

When is it?

TTIT
3rd November 2011, 10:18 PM
Finally back to playin' with the lathe and things eh Hughie :woot:Very nice bit of work to start off with too :2tsup:

Ozkaban
4th November 2011, 07:38 AM
looks orright to me :2tsup:

munruben
5th November 2011, 10:21 AM
Nice work.well done:2tsup:

cookie48
5th November 2011, 01:49 PM
Missus wants me to make one. Yeh right. That looks awesome. Well done

Wood Nut
9th November 2011, 08:15 AM
Nice job Hughie. I would be proud of a result like that. Interested to see what it looks like after buffing.
Cheers,
Paul

Ad de Crom
9th November 2011, 07:49 PM
Hughie, beautiful carvings, although you say yourself that it is not perfect.
Hopefully you did not use a grinder, thinking of the accident a while ago.
Have ever thought of carving on my work to make, but so far it is from these thoughts remained .....))))
Ad :2tsup:

powderpost
9th November 2011, 09:25 PM
Looks good from here Hughie. :2tsup:, well done.
Jim

Christos
11th November 2011, 08:42 PM
I like it.

Ed Reiss
13th November 2011, 01:07 PM
Nothing wrong with that, Hughie...lookin' good :2tsup:

hughie
6th December 2011, 09:06 AM
You are most generous with your comments. Hand carved with the exception of the start I used a Dremel with the Archer reciprocating carver to cut the original lines. Deliberately choose the Camphor for its softness and ease of use. I have a second in the pipeline looking some what better.

wheelinround
6th December 2011, 09:16 AM
You are most generous with your comments. Hand carved with the exception of the start I used a Dremel with the Archer reciprocating carver to cut the original lines. Deliberately choose the Camphor for its softness and ease of use. I have a second in the pipeline looking some what better.

I'll come down and take WiP photos Hughie, must feel good to have the shed being used for its purpose once again. :U

hughie
6th December 2011, 09:26 AM
:) might be a bit late