PDA

View Full Version : Time to make some Chatter!

Mrs Blackie
3rd November 2011, 11:08 PM
I wonder if I can make one? or has anyone got one they have made? it looks like fun:D

Chatter Tool Techniques for Woodturning - WooDoo Magic (http://www.freewebs.com/woodoomagic/apps/videos/videos/show/15173441-chatter-tool-techniques-for-woodturning)

Cheers!

Skew ChiDAMN!!
4th November 2011, 02:45 AM
Yes!

I don't s'pose you have any old, blunt jigsaw blades lying around? I've found they're perfect for the job. (After grinding the old teeth off the side. ;) )

For a long while there I wasn't even using them in a handle... just holding onto them in a pair of vice-grips. :- Something I can't recommend per se, 'cept to say it worked for me and I still have all my fingers left.

brendan stemp
4th November 2011, 08:52 AM
Perhaps you should check out my you tube video. It has some ideas on some very cheap chattering tools that are easily made yourself.

Wood Turning - Chattering Techniques - YouTube

wheelinround
4th November 2011, 09:26 AM
Your getting adventurous MB

Brendan nice video and some interesting tools too. :2tsup:

Mrs Blackie
4th November 2011, 04:07 PM
Skew? I do actually have some blunt ones laying around:2tsup: might try that. Brendan? love the video thank you so much for sharing. Wheelinround? me getting adventurous but shush dont tell Bill and Toby its our secret, I'm too young aparently in the industry to be playing with fire? chucklessss:)) I get told sometimes its too soon to slow down, as patient as I am NOT...I have to listen to my seniors:;
Cheers!! off to the club house tonight woot woot!!!!

Mrs Blackie
4th November 2011, 04:12 PM
Oh! by the way Brendan was ment to say too that Ive seen the video a few months ago so thanks again!
Cheers!
:U

wheelinround
4th November 2011, 04:35 PM
Skew? I do actually have some blunt ones laying around:2tsup: might try that. Brendan? love the video thank you so much for sharing. Wheelinround? me getting adventurous but shush dont tell Bill and Toby its our secret, I'm too young aparently in the industry to be playing with fire? chucklessss:)) I get told sometimes its too soon to slow down, as patient as I am NOT...I have to listen to my seniors:;
Cheers!! off to the club house tonight woot woot!!!!

:whistling:

Tell the old fellows to get a grip.

dai sensei
4th November 2011, 08:49 PM
I have a chatter tool from bandsaw blades, but I also have a box full of old knives and forks with some minor rust marks in the garden shed, I was ging to throw out or make an artistic feature out of :rolleyes:. Thanks Brendan, might use a few for chatter tools shaped to suit :2tsup:.

Mrs Blackie
4th November 2011, 10:30 PM
Can we use old chisels to make a beading tool with? OMG I'm getting all these ideas in my head now and its so bad for timing, have been so busy that I dont have time to make anything, isn't it always the way? you are so busy you don't have time but thats when it all kicks in and your mind just goes on overdrive:roll:

wheelinround
4th November 2011, 10:40 PM
:rotfl: You got it bad haven't you.

Now let your imagination lead you.

Yes you can use old chisels to make some tools, screw drivers and much more.

dr4g0nfly
5th November 2011, 05:38 AM
Brendan, thanks for that post, learnt a lot from it.

Although I have a chatter tool (but never successfully got it working) - must try harder!

I like the concave/convex knife idea - nothing in the kitchen is looking safe from here forwards.

munruben
5th November 2011, 10:05 AM
Interesting, might give it a try.:2tsup:

cookie48
5th November 2011, 02:10 PM
Well what next. Great video's. Will have to give this a go. Thanks for showing and spreading your kowledge.

Sawdust Maker
5th November 2011, 02:12 PM
Brendan

Thanks heaps for the movie :2tsup:

Might have to 'borrow' a knife everytime I go out to dinner - do the plastic ones work? :roll:

wheelinround
5th November 2011, 06:40 PM
Brendan

Thanks heaps for the movie :2tsup:

Might have to 'borrow' a knife everytime I go out to dinner - do the plastic ones work? :roll:

:oo: They let you near knives

Sawdust Maker
5th November 2011, 10:50 PM
:oo: They let you near knives

only plastic ones :p

Mrs Blackie
6th November 2011, 12:36 AM
You guys crack me up :lolabove: Brendans videos rock, I've watched so many and only just realised that Brendan is that Brendan :doh: :pointlaugh: is it my age? :D well at least now I know why I dye my hair blonde? snort laughs duhhh!!!

Heilander
6th November 2011, 11:35 AM
Mrs.Blackie,you do realize that peroxide reduces you IQ by 50%? To maintain the dumb blonde myth,after all I was blonde,err grey,err thinning,err mumble mumble.... What was I blathering about?
Scotty
:2tsup:

Mrs Blackie
6th November 2011, 10:37 PM
OMG Scotty laughinggg here!!! Wait what was I going to say? .........:question:......Oh yesss collecting old butter knives turned shed upside down looking for old screw drivers and chisels....AND I can't wait for Wednesday woot woot going to Hare & Forbes for shopping!!!! getting my new woodturning chisels.

Cheers!

wheelinround
7th November 2011, 07:50 AM
OMG Scotty laughinggg here!!! Wait what was I going to say? .........:question:......Oh yesss collecting old butter knives turned shed upside down looking for old screw drivers and chisels....AND I can't wait for Wednesday woot woot going to Hare & Forbes for shopping!!!! getting my new woodturning chisels.

Cheers!

:no: Thursday to Saturday is 3 day sale http://images.machineryhouse.com.au/events/NOVEMBER_3-DAY-SALE_2011.pdf

Heilander
7th November 2011, 10:15 AM

Cheers!
It's not politically correct to call the guys in "the shed" old screws.at least you have a Hare and Forbes!Suggest they open a branch up here in Muckay :q when you pop in eh?
Scotty

Mrs Blackie
7th November 2011, 04:59 PM
:no: Thursday to Saturday is 3 day sale http://images.machineryhouse.com.au/events/NOVEMBER_3-DAY-SALE_2011.pdf

:doh: I knew that Wheelinround was just testing your knowledge? nods nods nods grins:U
Ok well maybe not loll, starting my face plate course tonight.
Cheers!

Mrs Blackie
7th November 2011, 05:01 PM
It's not politically correct to call the guys in "the shed" old screws.at least you have a Hare and Forbes!Suggest they open a branch up here in Muckay :q when you pop in eh?
Scotty

Will go there and stomp and stomp till they say yes Scotty, I mean they will only open one up there for you or lock me up right?:2tsup:
Cheers!

Sawdust Maker
7th November 2011, 08:42 PM
I reckon, if we all ask out there this weekend they might start thinking about it

Just casual like, "Hey, I've been asked to ask when you might be opening up in MacKay?"

Heilander
8th November 2011, 12:59 AM
Now we're talking! Go for it,Bunnies needs the competition
Oh and a Sizzlers too?:U
Scotty

Heilander
8th November 2011, 09:09 AM
veni, vidi, vici or in our case vidi,vici,veni! No wonder we had the highest illegitimacy rate in the country lol