PDA

View Full Version : I asked Carl Jacobson to turn a incense holder

Mrs Blackie
19th November 2011, 05:19 PM
Hi Guys I asked Carl Jacobson to turn a incense holder for me so he did the video, I was inspired by this guy way before I purchased a lathe was watching his youtubes for months before:D.
Cheers!
Ayshen
Incense Holder By Carl Jacobson - WOODoo Magic (http://www.freewebs.com/woodoomagic/apps/videos/videos/show/15277282-incense-holder-by-carl-jacobson)

vk4
19th November 2011, 06:59 PM
OK , Ayshen,

get a move on , you've seen how it's done , now it's your turn:D:D:D.

looks nice not to FUSSY, but enough to break the plain lines of a straight piece of timber.

I noticed how Carl holds his SKEW with both hands on the blade, for fine work, :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cheers,,

Jeff

Mrs Blackie
19th November 2011, 08:11 PM
I see what you mean, the guy is 6"something lolll his a big boy he has his lathe on wooden frames so it is high enough for him. Can you imagine me trying to hold anything the way he does? would fly over my head. I will be making them but I think I would detail them more and make the ash catcher differently and even pyrograph on it.:D
What you say Jeff? I am still waiting for my shed to be finished off taps foot desperately, tomorrow I go to pick up my ryobi multi table and drill press from that lady I told you about. Will post pics when I get them.
Cheers!