PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Polls give an accurate feed back?

ozwinner
23rd January 2005, 11:13 PM
Do you think Polls give an accurate feed back?

vsquizz
23rd January 2005, 11:27 PM
I dunno Al, I think you'd have to conduct a Poll to find out:confused: :D . But maybe you should have a poll on the question of accuracy. I mean what is accurate, are we talking Bee's Dick accuracy or politician accuracy:rolleyes: . We used to have some good Poll Herefords;) . I once made a pancake that looked like a bullseye:confused: . Polls really don't do it for me Al :( but could you tell me why its called a "Firmer" chisel, does this mean the handle is firmer than normal.

(Just practising my hi-jacks) I think you should consult Midge on the question of accuracy...and how long do you think before takes this thread down??...I think we should have a poll on that:rolleyes:

Cheers

bitingmidge
24th January 2005, 12:08 AM
Well thanks for the reference Squzz.

Firstly on the question of feedback... I do understand that with modern electronics it is possible to almost entirely eliminate it, although there are still some forms of (shudder) music left over from the last Century which rely on the Humbucker on the Fender being held just millimetres from the biggest speaker in the stack.....of course the feedback can be quite accurately moderated in this instance, by varying the distance of the instrument from the amplifier speakers.

As to how accurately this can be achieved, I would think VERY in the hands of a skilled (or stoned) musician, unless of course they had accidentally plugged into a new Peavey Amp featuring the Feedback Ferret:

The Feedback ferret is a breakthrough in feedback elimination, a built in limiter detects which frequency is causing the feedback and cuts it out then after 3 seconds brings it back slowly, if that frequency is still causing feeding back it will cut it out again and will keep repeating the process continually!

More recently I have seen some fairly accurate feedback involving rather novel use of a pole. In the case I am thinking of, a poster from north of a border offered particular advice to someone from south of that border, and there could be no mistaking where the more southerly of the two would deposit the pole given half a chance. Fortunately much of that thread has now been lost so the accuracy of this tale is not contestable.

I think I hear my Mother calling..... have to go now!

P (who didn't vote as a matter of conscience.)
:D :D :D

Wood Borer
24th January 2005, 08:18 AM
Like everyone else, I like to pick the most popular answer so I won't look silly.

Looks like I got it right again. :D :D :D

Gumby
24th January 2005, 08:32 AM
Me too, must be just one of those 168,236 who know the truth :D

silentC
24th January 2005, 10:17 AM
Just on the question of feedback, did you know that some performers mistakenly refer to the foldback as feedback? As in "hey Feret, I can't hear Mick's vocals, can you give me more feedback". If Feret is feeling in a funny mood, he pushes up the 12K slider on the EQ. "But you said ..."

JackoH
24th January 2005, 11:38 AM
No!
(I HATE PANCAKES!) :mad:

MajorPanic
24th January 2005, 06:14 PM
I'd say that most polls give a resonable reflection of accuracy, BUT........................

only if ozwinner has NOTHING to do with it, pancakes or not! ;) :D ;) :D

good on ya oz http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon14.gif